03 Sep 2020
Do you remember the first time when you managed to brush your teeth without the help of your parent or even their boring reminders? Nope, you don’t and you don’t have to, it’s the work of your mind.
If You Don’t Know!
The human mind is so powerful. It processes more of a million information each and every single day. It works like a chip in a computer where it can record, store, and retrieve information from different sources.
The human mind knows how to operate itself. It happens after training it how to do a thing. It is a through habit system. That’s why we don’t need to be reminded to brush our teeth as it’s a long time activity that our minds already learned, and it will keep operating itself in a default or pilot mode. This is also a reason why when we wake up in the morning we will always keep doing the same practice, over and over again.
So What is a Default Mode?
A simple definition of a default mode (or sometimes, autopilot) is to let things happen by itself. This term can be used in different ways but today we will use it in relation to the human mind.
I wanted to share this lesson as its something that many of us practice all day and found ourselves caught up in those mind trap and letting the mind do things for us.
Working in a default mode it is to let our mind decide for us, plan for us and do things for us without our instructions (I am also a victim ).
Instead of directing our minds to give us the results that we want especially to the important thing like decision making when solving personal problems, critical thinking or when managing our thoughts, the mind will always pick what it sees the best as it is working in a default mode and no is there to direct it.
If we keep letting our minds working in a default or autopilot mode we will always let the mind perform a certain activity without directing, guiding, or even reminding it. The same approach will be used with the mind too when we found ourselves in a certain problem or situation (and that is the reason why we should stop working in those modes). The mind will use the same approach we always used to solve that problem — in the end, we will repeat the same things that we have done before, good or bad.
That’s why we sometimes find ourselves hate someone with no underlying reasons why we hate or hated them, but in reality, it is because we already turned our minds to be like that (be in a default mode of hating people) due to previous actions and thoughts that are found deep inside our minds.
A Way Forward!
· We should always keep retraining (can be through meditation or reading) our minds in a way that will make us realize or aware of what we are doing especially in the present moment.
· We should always learn to be the watchers of our minds all the time. Whatever something awful rise, we should be there to see it so that we can make a critical decision before acting or making any crucial decision.
· Before replying or talking back to someone (if something really needs a second thought), we should give ourselves time to think or even pose for 10–20 seconds before saying anything to give our minds space to think out of emotions and feelings.
· If we do have negative thoughts running our minds daily, it's good if we can all develop a self behavior of writing things down, we shouldn't hold it.
· We should always root this but also understand that the mind that we have can be our biggest enemy but also a good friend. Let us be the master and lead it perfectly.
Don’t forget to pass through my YouTube channel to Watch, Listen, and Learn something positive and mindful all the time.
P.S: If you will be interested, and yet–you aren’t on the list, please join our WhatsApp group HERE or visit our Instagram page @gildagivenquotes for Inflammable Mindset check with us +255 758 278 017
By Gilda Given on 18 Jan 2023