The Sales Manager will be responsible for achieving growth and hitting sales targets by successfully managing the sales team. Designing and implementing a strategic sales plan that expands company's customer base and ensure it's strong presence.
- Provide top-line industry leadership and management of all the organisations' sales activities, including: participation in annual budget creation and management; researching and fully developing market segment targets; development and execution of sales campaigns, and industry interaction.
- Overall responsibility for the organisation's sales by volume and value through all sales channels.
- The promotion of the organisation as an essential safari excursion.
- Maintains positive and cooperative relationships with tour operators, working closely with GMs/Product Managers and other members of Tanzania’s safari tourism industry on coordinated sales efforts.
- Research, identify, work with and solicit sales from tour operators, safari guides and camps and lodges to generate sales.
- Trains all sales staff in sales techniques. Takes part in Sales training and technique development with sales staff and Representatives.
- Attends and participates in trade shows, industry meetings, sales efforts, bid presentations, and sales calls to promote the organisation as an essential safari excursion.
- Makes use of Social Media in the promotions of sales within Tanzania and in all source markets.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in business, marketing or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Hospitality, Tourism Sales, Operations, Sales Management in hotel industry, destination management organization, tourism-related entity or appropriate field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading a team or managing employees.
- Education and experience may be evaluated to meet minimum requirements.
- Must have a passion for the organisation and tourism.
- Must possess the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be well organized with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments and be willing to get involved in projects with varying degrees of difficulty.
- Must demonstrate willingness to work as an individual and in a group.
- Must have strong desire for tourism sales with focus on career and industry growth.
- Will maintain a cooperative, team-like attitude in working with supervisors and fellow employees (including other departments).
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients.
- Ability to establish/develop selective selling techniques for soliciting events and groups during dates most beneficial to the local visitor economy.
- Ability to make verbal presentations to groups of various sizes.
- Will demonstrate exceptional skills in sales, customer relations, communications, and problem-solving.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good judgment, and initiative.
- Ability to prepare appropriate reports, correspondence, memoranda, agreements and budget projections in a highly professional manner.
- Provides the highest customer service excellence.
Tourism: 5 Years
Sales: 5 Years
Management: 2 Years