The Project Officer will work under the direction of the Project Coordinator and to ensure that the Project goals and objectives are achieved. This Officer will assist with planning, coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project.
- Develop appropriate and culturally acceptable methodologies for the diagnosis of farmers' problems/opportunities.
- Develop an annual plan of activity for the participatory technology development as guided by the project design and approved activities.
- Identify training needs of the field staff and farmers at various levels and conduct trainings, and document trials outcome and farmer adoption levels.
- Develop training modules to cover the specials needs of farmers and field workers, and carry out in-house refresher courses for farmers and the field agents.
- Identify and compile the field agriculture inputs requirements for the operations.
- Develop and manage budget for each project working with project coordinator.
- Document all processes and outputs of capacity building, coordination and management of activities.
- Assists with the development and monitoring of the overall budget for the project as well as for project components and conducts budget reviews and analyses in conjunction with Project Supervisor.
- Assists with the implementation of finance and accounting, records management, communications, feedback, monitoring and evaluation frameworks are effectively established to facilitate project start up and to support the project to completion under the direction of the Project coordinator.
- Assists the Project coordinator with the establishment of sustainability and project exit strategies from the inception of the project.
- Prepares monthly reports to assist the Project coordinator to track the progress of project components to ensure schedules and deadlines are being met.
- Identify project issues and possible solutions, and bring them to the attention of the Project Supervisor for action.
- Undertake a range of administrative duties and tasks that may reflect substantial variety and complexity.
- Ensure the work plan for project is executed as planned and per budget set.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the management.
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum Diploma in project management or related field.
- At least three (3) years’ experience providing support to medium to large scale projects.
- Proven experience in working in the field, engaging with rural communities.
- Language Abilities: English and Swahili with proven writing skills.
- Background in accounting is an added advantage.
- Experience working in profit organization project is an added advantage.
- Ability to work under difficult circumstances in remote locations with limited supervision.
- Must be able to maintain good interpersonal relations and have emotional intelligence.
- Dynamic professional with experience in project planning, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of medium to large projects.
- Strong project management and reporting skills.
- Must be able to provide technical advice and support to the Project Supervisor.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable communicating and collaborating with different personalities, cultures, and experience levels; promoting a culture of safety, inclusivity, and respect.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Ability to work for long periods of time, under pressure, to produce results.
- Strong attention to detail.