Program Operations Director
The Program Operations Director (“POD”) is a senior management Country Office position primarily responsible for providing program operations support and oversight and ensuring timely and effective implementation of The organisation’s Literacy and Girls’ Education Programs. The Program Operations Director will oversee the implementation, coordination, development, reporting and expansion of our current and prospective Programs and Administrative work. The position reports directly to the Country Director and directly supervises the Administration unit and Field Manager(s). The POD also works in close collaboration with the Literacy Director and the Girls Education Program Manager, who are responsible for country-wide Literacy and Girls Education programs design, technical support and oversight. Regular travel to all geographical areas where The organisation works in TANZANIA is required.
Management and Coordination
- Directs and ensures efficient, effective and timely management of all program implementation, budgetingand internal controls per the design created by the technical programs staff.
- Supervises, coaches and mentors the Field Manager(s) who are responsible for overseeing the implementation of program activities in specified geographical areas, including budgeting, scheduling, reporting and other project implementation related tasks for their assigned schools.
- Facilitates communication between the technical team at the Country Office level and the field level implementation team, and ensures utilisation of research, monitoring and evaluation data to inform implementation.
- Collaborates with Human Resources to handle recruitment and training of staff according to need.
- Prepares terms of agreement for outside consultants and oversees the non-technical aspects of their work.
- Serves as a member of the Country Office Management team, which provides overall support and direction forthe work of The organisation in
- Participates in any other activities which may be required to be undertaken to fulfill the objectives of the organisation.
Program Implementation and Monitoring
- Develops Country Office program implementation calendar and budgeting processes in coordination with FieldManagers, Programs staff, and Finance staff.
- Plans, coordinates, and documents site selection activities and tracks potential sites for future expansion.
- Coordinates with Finance team to ensure accurate oversight of budgets and spending, and supports monthly and quarterly budget forecasts.
- Coordinates and leads monthly and quarterly planning of program implementation activities.
- Coordinates and provides leadership over the offices management, procurement, inventory management, warehouse management and organisational materials distribution.
- Collaborates with the Programs and Research, Monitoring and Evaluation (RM&E) team to support RM&E of all programs.
- Visits project sites to support and supervise program implementation.
Planning, Reporting and Documentation
- Leads the preparation of the annual plan, budget, implementation calendar, and other annual plan documents.
- Responsible for timely monthly and quarterly updates and reports on the status of implementation to theCountry Management Team and Regional and Global offices.
- Oversees and facilitates timely completion of Global Systems Database (“GSD”) data-entry and other donor reporting to relevant Country, Regional and Global Office staff.
- Ensures that organizational, governmental and donor reports are high quality and provided on a timely basis.
- Identifies, tracks and documents program trends, lessons learned and best practices and reports to CountryOffice Program technical staff to consider in improving program designs.
External Coordination and Networking
- Represents The organisation at relevant meetings and assists in planning and hosting donor
- Develops and manages relationships with government, NGOs and appropriate educational bodies as related toprogram
- Ensures government approval and legal compliance of The organisation programs implemented directly orthrough NGO
- Prepares annual or multi-year project permission and fund release documents, as appropriate, to obtain permission from the NGO affairs bureau, Directorate of Primary Education and/or other government bodies both at the national and district
- Explores shared-learning and networking
Education and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Business, Management or other related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience, including a minimum of 3 years working in a senior managerial role.
- A working knowledge and understanding of project management methodology and software
- Strong planning, budgetary, supervising, and project implementation skills
- Ability to travel regularly to project sites and Province or District offices throughout the Country
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of achieving results
- Direct and indirect project implementation experience
- Prior success working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people
- Prior success and experience working with both Literacy and Gender Equality Programs will be an added
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative
- Effectiveness in working or volunteering in a non-profit organization that is focused on maintaining high qualitywork and low overhead
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented global or regional organization
- Prior experience living and/or working in rural areas
- Prior experience working with schools, teachers, administrators and government officials
To be successful as a member of the The organisation team, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be an innovative and creative thinker that tries new things and inspires others to do so
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Have a strong work ethic and require minimal direction
- Work well independently as well as part of a team
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Non-profits (NGO): 10 Years