Internal Audit Manager
- To conduct operational, Financial and Compliance audit engagements within the Group.
- Conduct Investigations when requested
- Lead and supervise activities of Internal auditors of assigned team
- Identify areas of Cost control & process risk exposure
- Interact with HODs/BH and CEO on matters of risk and Audit
- Work together with the group internal auditor in the development of annual audit plan and annual KPI’s
- Prepare the scope of audits with timelines.
- Develop in consultation with the group internal auditor appropriate audit tests and programs and update the audit manual
- Plan and complete specific audit assignments as delegated
- To identify risks involved in each process and highlight them
- Prepare audit reports containing all significant findings and recommendations
- Periodically review the adequacy of company policies and operational procedures
- Review the integrity and effectiveness of internal controls with recommendations for improvement.
- Perform follow-up audits done by the team to review status of agreed recommendations.
- Conduct investigations when requested and prepare reports in consultation with the group's internal auditor
Supervisory – (provide leadership to assigned auditors)
- Manage the team-allocated
- Oversee the audit process and review the work of the assigned team on a day-to-day basis
- Review reports and suggest changes W.R.T the scope of audit agreed
- Conduct mid-year and end-year KPI assessments for the team
- Report to the group internal auditor on a day-to-day basis
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reports as assigned for gac reports and investigations if any
- Development of an effective working relationship with auditees
- Train and coach new staff as needed and other internal audit staff members.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties, special assignments, and investigations as assigned in consultation with GIA
Education and Qualifications
- Degree in Business Admin or Accounting Preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), ACCA, or CA (Chartered Accountant)
- Qualifications as an added advantage: Certification in advanced Excel and ACL
- Professional registration: Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- General work experience (years): Minimum 7-10 years of working experience in Finance and Audit
- Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): 5 years in Internal Audit preferred.
- Industry: Experience in the Manufacturing industry is a must
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, auditing standards, and internal controls
- Knowledge of and experience with reviewing processes and controls, performing testing, extracting data, and identifying apparent anomalies
- Senior leadership experience in strategic risk management
- Track record of successfully training, developing/mentoring, and supervising audit staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven team-player
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities
- Able to work in a cross-cultural environment
Group Internal Auditior
Manufacturing: 5 Years