Human Resource and Compliance Officer
The HR & Compliance Officer will be responsible for providing advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation. This position requires an extremely perceptive person, who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organisation. This position requires high energy, forward thinking, the ability to adapt to different environments and the ability to establish trust in the organisation.
- Manage day to day human resources operations.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Design and implement an appropriate performance management system.
- Design and facilitate management and staff learning and development including induction programs.
- Make sure all required documentation are done in time, probation assessment and confirmation, an extension of probation, contract renewal assessment, renewal of contract, end of the contract, terminal benefits and proper filling of all the document to the respective employee’s files.
- Implement and supervise work environment according to the company culture and values as well as to be included recruitment and training & development.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave, disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Nurture a positive working environment and define employee relations practices necessary to promote a high level of employee morale, engagement and motivation.
- Help the management team design and implement the company culture and values and provide human resources advice, counsel, and decisions.
- Guide management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values so that they are informed of any legal changes and updates to compliance Monitors all operational processes and procedures using a compliance management platform to ensure that the company complies with all legal regulations and ethical standards.
- Manages information flow by researching, recording and analysing data and information.
- Train and educates staff guidelines.
- Acts as contact person and liaison between department heads and senior management.
- Conducts regular assessments to determine whether policies are compliant with the law.
- Advise management on the company’s compliance with laws and regulations through detailed reports.
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.
- Regularly audit company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risks.
- Assess company operations to determine compliance risk.
- Ensure all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes.
- Resolve employee concerns about legal compliance.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources/Law/Social Studies or any other related field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Human Resources and Compliance and Risk field.
- Strong knowledge of Employment Laws, Compliance, and best practices
- Familiar with HR Systems and software to manage employee database, attendance, recruitment.
- Proven people management skills, including experience in employee relations; strong mentoring and coaching skills.
- Willing to attend courses related to Capital markets industry outside official working hours.
- Be willing to self-develop or by the Company in related professions.
- Willing to travel out of Dar es Salaam on short notice or scheduled for work purposes.
- Professional Certificates can be an added advantage to this position.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to engage inspire and influence people.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Fluency in English and Swahili (written and spoken) is essential for this role.
- Has ability to direct employees on available resources to solve problems or recommend solutions.
- Performs work accurately and thoroughly. Has regular and consistent attendance.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office packages.
- Skill in organising resources while establishing timelines and priorities. Requires minimal supervision
- Ability to analyse and interpret HR related data, reports, statements and/or projections.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce.
- Ability to foster a cooperative and safe work environment.
Finance Services: 3 Years