Graphic Designer/ Writer
As a member of the Marketing staff, the Graphic Designer/ Writer will collaborate with the sales team to gather content, design and create written materials for internal and external audiences, including but not limited to: brochures and flyers, direct mail pieces, posters, web site content, presentations and training materials.
This position works closely with sales and marketing staff to ensure consistent branding standards across media and digital platforms.
The Graphic Designer/ Writer will serve as project manager, editor, and/or principal writer for a wide variety of print and electronic promotional materials.
- Design and create branded marketing materials for Sales and Marketing and other departments as assigned.
- Create sales campaigns with digital and print components.
- Implement Sales and Marketing writing projects, as assigned, from inception through delivery
- Write and edit event technical and sales training manuals for all departments as needed
- Write and edit additional Development-oriented copy as assigned.
- Periodically provide updated content for company website.
- Establish working relationships with printers and outside vendors to obtain pricing, and schedule and coordinate printing jobs.
- Represent Marketing Department to other Simusolar departments and collect input from teams
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested by Management and/or Sales and Marketing teams.
Education and Qualifications
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience and Skills:
- 2 to 4 years of professional experience in business or technical writing, communications, graphic design, media relations, or related field.
- Fluent in both English and Swahili
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures related to the position, including: expertise in use of English and Kiswahili grammar, punctuation, and syntax;
- Familiarity with appropriate graphic design and business software applications;
- Ability to conduct research and write about technical subjects;
- Understanding of branding and positioning strategies for the company and for specific projects;
- Ability to learn subject-specific terminology for use in developing written materials;
- Knowledge of when and how to use various channels of communication
Graphic Arts & Video: 2 Years
Content Management: 2 Years