This role manages staff at a seafood processing factory in Dar es Salaam. The role is responsible for day-to-day operations, including direction, coordination, and evaluation of direct reports to the Director and Shareholders.
The candidate, preferable Tanzanian but foreigners are welcome, has excellent communication skills required to articulate their plans and execution strategies, as well as a strong business acumen for trading with international partners. Must have relevant experience of proven problem-solving analysis, which is necessary for tendering solutions to local staff, dealing with emergencies on offshore trawlers as well as on-site production facilities.
- Increase management’s effectiveness by recruiting, orienting, training and disciplining head of departures.
- Communicate values, strategies, and objectives throughout the entire
- Assign accountabilities; plan, monitor, and appraise roles in the company while developing incentives schemes.
- Implement and update strategic plans as needed by studying developments in the industry by presenting assumptions and recommendations.
- Coordinate efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with
- Build company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees, enforcing ethical business
- Maintain quality service by enforcing organization
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state of the art practices and participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing required results such as budget planning, allocating key resources, reviewing progress, and making mid-course corrections where
- Direct and coordinate all divisional departments to develop and maintain long range goals and objectives to meet business growth objectives.
- Review analysis of production, costs, general operations, and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goal and objectives.
- Confer with the Directors and Shareholders to review operational objectives and goals and to discuss required changes resulting from their current status and conditions.
- Develop, review, update and then implement business strategic planning, including sales, financial performance, and new product development to share with Directors and
- Oversee production and processing departments to review daily reporting and to help resolve operational, processing and facility problems with cost-effective
- Review and approve preparation of accounting analysis for budgetary planning and implementation, production efficiency, financial reporting and submittal for capital
Education and Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management or equivalent
Analytical, research, and problem-solving skills
- Proven Leadership and strategic
Excellent negotiation, verbal and written skills (i.e. reports preparation, public speaking, and proposal preparation).
Knowledge of safety regulations, risk management, and budgeting
Ability to be flexible, and work under pressure
Food & Beverage: 5 Years
Operations: 5 Years