The Forensic Investigator will be part of the in-country Forensic team tasked with the duty of preventing, detecting, investigating, monitoring, and monitoring fraudulent and unethical activities in the business processes. The Forensic Investigator will be tasked with providing resolutions to fraud risks identified in order mitigate the risks.
- Investigation of allegations of non-compliance and/or compliance issues, fraud, unethical, and other cases of “business not as usual” and issue relevant reports on the findings. Investigations will take place both internally and in the field.
- Work on request of authorities, research, analyse and report issues.
- Support audits and investigations through specialized know how in financial crime prevention and fraud related topics (e.g., assessments of whistleblowing programs, fraud risks, and related regulatory audit topics).
- Articulates and quantifies the wider implications of any misappropriation, corruption, theft, or financial crime by drawing upon deep technical and industry knowledge.
- Conducts follow up reviews to test implementation effectiveness and help mitigate future risk.
- Liaises with customers, external legal teams, witnesses, other experts, police, criminal prosecutors, and regulatory enforcers.
- Maintains a network of internal and external professional contacts.
- Familiarize with the various dispute resolution mechanisms (e.g., trial, civil hearing, mediation, arbitration, regulatory/competition tribunals).
- Familiarize with contemporary issues and trends in Forensic and investigation profession.
Education and Qualifications
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Risk Management, Law, Law Enforcement, or related field.
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years of work experience in conducting investigations related to Fraud, Forensics Audit/ Investigation, Risk management or related filed.
- Financial Services sector experience will be an added advantage.
- Willingness to travel across regions within Tanzania.
Knowledge and skills:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced Computer literacy with emphasis on expert level use of Excel.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- Stress management, optimum prioritization, and time management skills.
- Advanced analytical and statistical skills.
- Exhibit maturity and initiative with a strong sense of teamwork.
- Ethical and principled.
- Proven integrity – honest and truthful.
- Proactive and open-minded.
- Willing to keep learning.
- A person of good judgment, tact, and diplomacy.
Governance, Risk and Compliance Manager
Finance Services: 3 Years
Forensic & Fraud Investigation: 3 Years