Financial Reporting and Tax Supervisor
The Financial Reporting and Tax Supervisor is responsible for the financial reporting and analysis for the business including monthly finance reports, periodic management reports and Annual Financial Statements, and all tax compliance and reporting, including periodic returns to different statutory organisations.
- Extract data for the monthly financial reports and periodic management reports, analysing revenue, direct costs and other expenditure, comparing to underlying trends / budgets / forecast. through the utilization of multiple tools on a routine and ad-hoc basis.
- Support the external auditors through the provision of reports and data.
- Maintain records for the conversion of ERP (US GAAP) data to Annual Financial Statements (IFRS).
- Manages loans accounting, timely interest payments and reconciliations to ERP.
- Provides guidance on foreign exchange decisions and transactions.
- Identifies optimal solution for excess cash.
- Provide expert advice to all users of banking platform.
- Undertakes monthly VAT and Withholding tax returns, ensuring alignment to ERP.
- Provides monthly income tax data as part of the monthly closing.
- Undertakes monthly reconciliations of VAT, withholding taxes, income tax.
- Coordinates the receipt and distribution of withholding tax certificates to vendors.
- Provides tax data for annual budget and re-forecasts.
- Advises on impacts of changes to any tax regulations.
- Coordinates all tax related activities between the Company and external tax consultants, such as submission of withholding tax certificates received from our customers to the Tanzanian Revenue Authority.
- Prepares income tax computations, including filing of annual tax returns.
- Undertakes deferred tax computations as required.
- Liaises with the corporate tax team on all tax related issues.
- Prepare routine and ad hoc monthly journals ensuring appropriate back-up is saved for future reference.
- Ensure relevant monthly reconciliations are completed.
- Work closely with the rest of the Finance team to implement and support process improvement and develop best practices.
- Comply with the provisions of health, safety and environment legislation in Tanzania, and shall also comply with Company’s policies and procedures including occupational health and safety and wellness policies, and any modifications to any policy that may be introduced from time to time.
- Live Company’s Core Principles and work proactively in a customer-related way in accordance with adopted procedures and best practice.
- Work co-operatively with colleagues and external stakeholders to promote the Company’s overall business objectives.
- Ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times.
- Perform any other duty as directed by line management
HR RELATED ISSUES:
- Ensure positive team actions under any circumstances.
- Ensure ongoing feedback is provided and corrective action is taken where required.
- Focus on solutions not problems.
- Ensure that appearance and behavior is always in line with the Company’s policies and other guidelines.
- In a timely manner, escalate matters as appropriate to the line manager and/or the escalation matrix stipulated in the relevant Company / Group policy.
HSSE AWARENESS AND ACTION:
- Ensure that own vehicle and other company equipment is operated in line with health and safety guidelines.
- Raise any HSSE deviations and/or perceived problems / concerns to the urgent attention of senior management.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree in Accounting, or in a related field.
- Minimum five years accounting / finance / tax experience with a focus on management and statutory reporting.
- Working with an ERP, preferably MS Dynamics Great Plains.
- Working in a multi-national organization.
- Strong analytical skills
- Creative and analytical thinker
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Detail oriented and able to multitask, meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of the organization, including senior management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent follow up skills
- The incumbent must be flexible as there may be occasions that require working beyond the standard working week to ensure the positions expectations and responsibilities are met.
- Financial Controller
Telecommunication: 4 Years
Finance: 5 Years
Analysis: 3 Years