The Financial Controller is responsible for managing an accurate and efficient month-end close, producing monthly financial reports and periodic management reports, managing tax compliance and cash management, leading periodic budget / forecast / cash planning processes, managing the audit process and providing decision support to the business.
The Financial Controller works closely with the Chief Finance Officer (CFO), the Senior Property Manager, Procurement Manager and the Sales and Operations teams to ensure the organisation’s internal controls, strategic goals and performance objectives are met
- Creation of a high performing team environment enabling employees to reach their full potential and maximise personal and business performance.
- Leadership of the design and adoption of accounting policies, procedures, and controls.
- Performance of an accurate and efficient month-end close.
- Production and analysis of the monthly financial and periodic management reports.
- Leadership of the annual budgeting and periodic forecasting processes.
- Ownership of the cash management and cash planning processes.
- Management of tax compliance requirements for the Company.
- Management of the external audit process and production of Annual Financial Statements, including conversion of US GAAP ERP data to IFRS.
- Provision of commercial decision support, particularly to the Operations and Sales teams, by calculating project NPVs and returns.
- Comply with the provisions of health, safety and environment legislation in Tanzania, and shall also comply with Company’s policies and procedures including occupational health and safety and wellness policies, and any modifications to any policy that may be introduced from time to time.
- Live Company’s Core Principles and work proactively in a customer-related way in accordance with adopted procedures and best practice.
- Work co-operatively with colleagues and external stakeholders to promote the Company’s overall business objectives.
- Ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times.
- Perform any other duty as directed by line management.
- Lead and develop team, ensuring maintenance of functional standards and continuous development.
- Supervise and manage the performance of direct reports.
- Proactively identify and resolve personnel issues in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Recruit, develop and retain staff, partnering with senior management and Human Resources. This includes on-boarding and orientation for new hires.
- Provide disciplined performance management for team. Define and communicate annual goals, perform formal and informal performance reviews, and ensure changes and updates are communicated in a timely and professional manner.
- Create strong collaborative team environment.
HR RELATED ISSUES:
- Ensure positive team actions under any circumstances.
- Ensure ongoing feedback is provided and corrective action is taken where required.
- Focus on solutions not problems.
- Ensure that appearance and behavior is always in line with the Company’s policies and other guidelines.
- In a timely manner, escalate matters as appropriate to the line manager and/or the escalation matrix stipulated in the relevant Company / Group policy.
HSSE AWARENESS AND ACTION:
- Ensure that own vehicle and other company equipment is operated in line with health and safety guidelines.
- Raise any HSSE deviations and/or perceived problems / concerns to the urgent attention of senior management.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounting, or similar.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- 5+ years’ of experience in a finance close environment.
- 3+ years’ experience supervising a team of 3 or more.
- Working with an ERP, preferably MS Dynamics Great Plains. Working in a multi-national organization
- Strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and US GAAP.
- Good knowledge of local tax regulations and requirements.
- Proven experience of project and business modelling.
- Strong relationship-development skills resulting in long term mutually beneficial relationships.
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests, as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge of others in identifying quality solutions.
- Strong organization, planning and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet business requirements and deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to drive and motivate team to achieve results within the department.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high-volume environment.
- Ability to drive work both independently toward the successful attainment of department goals and project completion dates, and as part of a team to leverage input and knowledge base of others within the company in providing well rounded and thoughtful information and solutions.
- Ability to identify key contacts for follow up; excellent ability to communicate project and status updates to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding.
- Chief Finance Officer
Telecommunication: 5 Years
Finance: 5 Years
Management: 3 Years