Digital Projects Manager
She/He will be responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction in project, program and change management. S/he will partner with Business leaders / key stakeholders and lead teams to deliver the medium and large-scale project(s) with a high degree of complexity and risk that spans across one or more business units/ functional areas in a multi-country setting.
- Engage appropriate stakeholders to identify business needs and optimal solutions, effectively manage project delivery lifecycle and SDLC, and ensure required outcomes of projects for the business are achieved.
- Establish effective project oversight and other governance bodies, and actively engage the connect levels to support the direction for the project.
- Ensure detailed project management plans and project documents are prepared, approved, and filed as required; manage such documents and update as appropriate.
- Provide on-going communication and drive discussions with key stakeholders, including the Project Sponsor, Business Project Owner, Management and Board to ensure they are aware of the project progress and any significant changes to the project status in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with appropriate internal partners to ensure required resources including domain subject matter experts are assigned to the project for successful delivery; coach and motivate team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Monitor staff performance, continuously provides constructive performance feedback, conduct formal performance reviews, and develop professional development plans tailored to staff needs.
- Deliver and own project outcomes that are aligned to established cost, timing, deliverable, and scope objectives.
- Generate cost estimates and provides general financial management, incorporating risk, by producing the monthly financial reporting for all projects clearly articulating funds utilization vs project deliverables.
- Proactively identify and track project risk and develop mitigation plans to manage risk.
- Support vendor management and strategic sourcing process, managing RFP activities and partnering with vendor(s) to ensure efficient and effective project delivery
- Establish practices, templates, policies, tools, and partnerships to expand and mature the project management and business analysis capabilities for the organization
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Finance, Banking, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related areas.
- Minimum 8 years of working experience In financial services,
- Telecommunications, four years in a managerial position.
- Experience In driving medium to large-scale Technology change efforts, previous Core Banking System implementation is an added advantage.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / Prince 2 certification is an added advantage
- Business Analysis and Project/ Change Management
- Demonstrated experience in project management methodologies (agile / waterfall/ hybrid), project management lifecycles, as well as software development lifecycle (SDLC)
Banking: 4 Years
Alternative Banking Channels: 4 Years
Project Implementation: 4 Years