The compliance officer will be responsible to review the efficiency and compliance of business operations, management policies and procedures to ensure compliance with key statutory and other legal requirements.
- Implement an overall compliance management process for the organization, which involves conducting risk assessments, preparing risk evaluations;
- Perform risk and compliance reviews on business units to determine the adequacy of risk management and control systems in place, write reports and obtain management responses.
- Review the efficiency and compliance of business operations, management policies and procedures to ensure compliance with key statutory and other legal requirements including liaison with internal and external auditors;
- Ensure management and employees comply with company policies and procedures and that behaviour in the organization meets the company's standards of conduct.
- Coordinate and provide continual capacity building on risk management and internal controls.
- Carry out processes such as establishing health and safety as well as business continuity plans.
- Provide support, education and training to staff to build risk and compliance awareness within the organization.
- Assist external auditors, regulators, and other examiners during routine audits and examinations
- Perform special investigations, as assigned.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or courses with risk management content
- 2-5 years’ experience in an audit, risk and/or compliance position
- Problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Planning and organizational skills with the ability to simultaneously manage several projects
- Commercial awareness and ability to understand broad business issues
- Possess knowledge of organization’s culture and structure
- Strong background in finance, economics, law, audit, risk management, statistics
- Ability to design, carry out analysis, and model business processes
- Ability to benchmark and analyse various business risks
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Business Services / Consultancy: 2 Years