Chief Product Officer
A construction company specialised in production and construction of prefabricated timber frame houses made in their own factory and assembled in Zanzibar and Tanzania Mainland, is looking for a Chief Product Officer to complement the Management Team.
- The CPO will do the work preparation for all construction projects and coordinate and supervise 5 project managers and their teams.
- The CPO will provide leadership in initial planning stage by collaborating with clients, architects, engineers, or other involved parties; develops detailed description of jobs and materials necessary to complete project.
- An excellent CPO must be well-versed in all construction methodologies in timber frame house production and finishing procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results.
- Producing timber frame designs and production list with in cooperated CLT elements for manufacture and production teams.
- Scheduling Work Preparation on a monthly base with overseeing the yearly factory capacity utilisation vrs. contracts.
- To ensure all projects are delivered on time according to quality standards, requirements and without exceeding budget.
- Ensures safety standards and guidelines are followed on the jobsite and that all safety codes are met in construction.
- Oversees contract negotiations, revisions, and additions and adherence by all parties.
- Confirming building plans with Surveyors, Architects, and Engineers.
- This position requires in attendance of 30 % on site and 70 % office work.
Education and Qualifications
BSc in engineering, building science or relevant field ideally in timber construction.
- Proven experience as construction site manager ideally for timber frame construction more than 5 years.
- Ability to effectively multitask while analysing and solving problems.
- Thorough understanding of engineering, architectural, and other construction drawings.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, Auto-Cad and any other related software’s.
- Supervise and control construction teams and subcontractor.
- Ability to remain flexible and efficient in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make intelligent and quick decisions, working well under pressure, and when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- A team player with leadership abilities.
Construction: 5 Years
Manufacturing: 3 Years