Capital Projects Quality Engineer
The Capital Projects Quality Engineer is responsible for the quality delivery of multiple projects on the tower portfolio. Reporting directly to the Head of Capital Projects, they will work closely with the Capital Projects Managers to ensure that the projects run smoothly with regard to timelines, quality, and HSE. The incumbent is responsible for guiding the contractor teams in project execution and inspection of the completed works per the specifications.
- Responsible for overall project technical performance and ensuring assigned projects attain an acceptable level of quality and safety.
- Ability to manage and drive subcontractors and supplier site teams.
- Provides technical support to all the Project Managers.
- Ensure compliance with Environmental, Health, and Safety regulatory requirements for all company personnel and 3rd party vendors.
- The employee shall comply with the provisions of health, safety, and environmental legislation and shall also comply with the Company’s policies, procedures, and standards, including occupational health and safety and wellness policies, and any modifications to any policy that may be introduced from time to time.
- All employees must live Company’s Core Principles and work proactively in a customer-related way in accordance with adopted procedures and best practices.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues and external stakeholders to promote Company’s overall business objectives.
- To ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times.
- To ensure that all designs and site works are done per Minara specifications, International Engineering standards, and industry best practices.
- To perform any other duty as directed by line management.
- Supervising contractor site teams during projects’ major milestones and hold points.
HR RELATED ISSUES
- Ensure that your vehicle and other company equipment are in line with the organization’s guidelines.
- Raise any deviations and perceived problems/ concerns of urgent attention with management to protect the organization’s image.
- Ensure that dress code and behavior are always in line with the company image and do not bring the company into disrepute at any time.
- Ensure corrective action is taken where required.
- Ensure positive team actions despite difficult circumstances.
HSSE AWARENESS AND ACTION
- Ensure that your vehicle and other company equipment follow safety guidelines.
- Ensure that all contractor site teams comply with Organization’s safety requirements.
- Raise any deviations and perceived problems/ concerns of urgent attention with management to protect the organization’s image
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Preferably in Civil, Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunications, or Mechanical
- 5 years’ experience in a similar or related role
- Sound knowledge in Electrical, Civil, and Telecommunication Engineering best practices
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting Engineering specifications and standards
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting technical drawings
- Ability to make simple sketches and drawings
- Contractor and team leadership skills
- Computer literacy, working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. CAD software knowledge is an added advantage.
- Certified driver with a valid driving license
- Tech savvy, a quick learner, and fun to work with.
- Proficient in spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Excellent follow-up skills.
- Detail oriented with a proven ability to manage a broad scope of work.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and manage for results.
- Proven ability to manage and foster relationships with contractors and vendors.
- Ability to interact with customers and site development professionals.
- Demonstrable awareness of health and safety legislation.
- Ability to work with functional groups and employees throughout the organization to effectively and professionally achieve business results.
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge in identifying high-quality solutions
Head of Capital Projects
Telecommunication: 5 Years