Business System Officer
The purpose of the job is to keep the Bank’s databases up and running smoothly 24/7. The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the Bank, considering both back-end data structure and front-end accessibility for end-users.
- Install and maintain the performance of database servers.
- Develop processes for optimizing database security.
- Set and maintain database standards.
- Performance tuning of database systems.
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Create automation for repeating database tasks.
- Be available for on-call support as and when needed.
- Participate in the data journey of the Bank in coordination with the Business teams
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy, and integrity.
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards
- Log/report/escalate all infrastructure faults/incidents
- Perform housekeeping/maintenance activities on the databases.
- Participate with a team member in the bank’s IT projects.
- Provide first-level support for all infrastructure to all Branches and Head Office units.
- Database support Bank’s Business Systems e.g. FCUBS, BIP, Mobile Banking, Internet Banking, Cash management, etc.
- Actively participates in team meetings.
- Confronts issues openly and quickly.
- Effectively communicates relevant operational and risk-related information to superiors and peers in other practices.
- Tactfully communicates sensitive information
- Helps to determine new, creative ways to execute responsibilities.
- Works across the practice to share lessons learned and best practices
- Anticipates internal client needs and proposes appropriate business solutions.
- Continually seeks and capitalizes upon opportunities to increase internal client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Participates in all programs relating to performance evaluations and career development planning.
- Easily recognizes areas for internal improvement and develops plans for implementation.
- Complies with and enforces standard policies and procedures.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree in Information Technology
- At least four (4) years working experience in IT Environment.
- Familiarity with service delivery culture and support function.
- A structured approach to dealing with complex and variable work environments in an independent manner.
- Ability to balance opposing business requirements.
- Ability to balance long term and short term requirements independently
- Strong evaluation, communication, and reporting skills
- Able to provide advice and cause/effect evaluation to support business decision making
- Independent and logical thinker, yet an achiever and implementer
- Leads by example
- Good at managing large volumes of information and can add value through management reporting
- Builds relationships and networks easily
- Has a strong service ethic.
Banking: 4 Years
IT & Network Administration: 4 Years