Assistant Recoveries Manager
- To oversee recoveries unit to ensure the process that leads to maximization of recoveries, write-off management, blacklisting of accounts and arrears recoveries are well
- To ensure efficient implementation and effective compliance with LTL credit policy and external regulations relating to arrears recoveries, including engagement of internal/external tracers, debt collectors, loan rescheduling and legal
- To coordinate the management and maintaining recoveries information in ensuring a standardized approach for
- Maintain a tracker of all issues raised in Audits, Business Reviews and Regulatory
- Maintain good relationship with key stakeholders to smoothen recovery
- To ensure recovery through tracers (internal/external), through debt collectors, through loan rescheduling and recoveries through legal means are well managed as per credit
- Formalization of all arrears recoveries process to ensure recoveries are maximized and any shortfall is addressed
- Supervise management of tracers, debt collectors and legal firm as per credit policy
- Directing and supporting recovery teams so as to achieve in an efficient and coordinated manner the recovery
- Ensure at all time that procedural arrears recovery is performed as per credit policy
- Ensure past due notices and demand notices have been issued on time and reasons for arrears is known before collection team hand-over account to recovery team and system is updated accordingly.
- Supervise management of bad debt write-off, blacklisting of account and account reactivation as per credit policyguidelines
- Ensure key daily and monthly reporting are produced to provide insights on the recovery activities and compliance to set policies and
- Review and making recommendations on the in credit control and arrears management to maximize recoveries.
- Review the development of systems and processes by the in country teams to improve credit control
- Make recommendations for the implementation and regular updating of the credit policy to ensure that all rules and regulations are strictly adhered to
- Assist in the development and performance management of all staff in recovery unit including arranging training, coaching and mentorship of staff
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting or
- Experience in credit management gained inConsumer Finance, retail SME or microfinance environment
- Possession of clear thought and expression, both verbal and written, together with the ability to mix and converse freely with
- The Job Holder should be professionally qualified and/or hold a tertiary qualification relevant to the job and will havehad a minimum of 7 years’ experience in credit and/or related 5 years atleast in Credit/Recoveries Managementpositions.
- The Job Holder should be able to identify and assist with strategies to maximise benefit from opportunities that arise to give some input to upside benefits to the
- Ability to analyze and monitor the various credit risks that face the
- Ability to devise solutions relevant to a particular situation considering the specific circumstances, laws and
- Where problem are identified, workout and control strategies need to be formulated and job holder needs to be able to bring knowledge and experience to this, both first hand, and also of a “where else to look and seek advice”
- Ability to create a structured predictable environment and to be able to seek out inconsistencies.
- Ability to identify issues and come up with unique and practical
- Ability to devise revised strategies to avoid repeat
- Ability to develop a good working relations with all team members for a smooth running of the business but at the same time must demonstrate the authority and courage to challenge the status quo when necessary
Head of Credit
Banking: 7 Years