Assistant Manager - Tax and Regulatory Affairs
Responsible for all Tax related matters in the Bank.
- Prepare income tax, VAT, Excise and any other tax returns for review and approval before filing.
- Ensure accurate and timely payment of taxes.
- Coordinate financial reporting, prepare monthly analysis and financial reports, assist in the preparation of monthly reporting requirements to Head Office, in Nairobi.
- Support the Head of Finance and the Group Tax Team on tax-related research and analysis.
- Review reconciliations of tax GLs, withholding income tax (Resident and Non-Resident) Withholding VAT (resident and Non-Resident) Deferred Tax, Prepaid Instalment Tax, Stamp Duty, Interest on Deposits, Withholding Dividends (Resident and non-Resident), Output VAT and Excise Duty.
- Review journals to streamline the tax GLs.
- Review and ensure correct and timely payment of the monthly taxes (Withholding tax, excise duty, VAT)
- Identify tax planning opportunities and avenues for increased tax efficiency.
- Confirm the expenses for allowable and non-allowable expenses
- Accurate and timely preparation and review of the current and deferred taxes.
- Compute the annual effective tax rate.
- Review of contracts for financial and tax compliance considerations.
- Maintaining a tax tracker on all tax issues arising and make follow-ups and ensure they are conclusively resolved.
- Follow up with the respective departments to ensure closure of issues raised by the revenue authority.
- Harmonisation of with strategies closing of issues raised by the revenue authority as presented by the consultants and the respective departments.
- Identify tax risks and cost impacts.
- Provide ad hoc tax data and reports as required by various internal departments.
- Participate in a variety of teams to complete special projects that may have tax implications.
- Interact and coordinate requirements and activities with government and external auditors on matters related to tax.
- Prepare reconciliation of tax accounts and maintain supporting documentation.
- Assist with research of issues and monitor changes in tax law.
- Manage external Audits for both TRA and financial statements Audits
- Ensure adherence to TRA Tax Regulations and requirements
- Meet all other requirements as assigned
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Law
- CPA(T) or ACCA finalist
- Minimum 3 years of related experience or work with Audit/Tax Consultancy Firm
- Proficient in MSWord, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment.
- Demonstrates sound organizational and prioritization skills, high-performance levels under tight deadlines.
- A high degree of initiative, personal responsibility, and integrity.
- Conversant in dealing with all Taxes in Tanzania.
- Thorough knowledge of Taxation Laws and of Tax processing systems.
- Thorough knowledge of the TRA tax systems.
Manager - Tax and Regulatory Affair
Finance Services: 3 Years
Banking: 2 Years
Audit: 3 Years