Accounts Payable Officer - Mafinga
Accounts Payable Officer is responsible for providing financial and administrative support to the company through; timely and accurately processing of payment, verification of suppliers invoices and reconciliation of suppliers accounts, expenses control and overall company compliance.
1. Accounts Payable Processing
- Timely and accurately booking of all approved invoices.
- Ensure proper prioritization of invoice payment as per agreed payment terms
- Flag and clarify any unusual or questionable invoices in terms of prices or values that do not correspond to the contract or Purchase orders.
- Timely respond to vendor’s queries and resolve
- Managing other banking issues and providing banking clarification as need arises
- Timely initiation of electronic transfers and payments in the banking system
- Providing vendors with remittance advice when payments are done through bank
2. Internal Control and Processes
- Thorough review of procurement supporting documents before making payment to suppliers -i.e. three way matching that requires a payment voucher be matched to supplier’s invoice, Purchase order (PO) and Goods received note (GRN)
- Liaise with Procurement team to delivery of goods by suppliers prior to making payment
- On Monthly basis run Account Payable Audit trails for the review and approval of Chief Accountant.
- Ensure invoices are paid after proper verification of information and proper authorization as per approval matrix.
- Ensure no payment is processed without a proper reconciliation between parties
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Ensure compliance with tax laws and other statutory requirements
- Coordinate and assist tax auditors on souring information for Tax Audit purposes.
- Liaise with Procurement team/ Vendors to ensure proper Tax Invoices have been delivered to enable further invoice processing
4. Petty Cash Management and Control
- Timely processing petty cash request
- Ensure petty cash is reconciled on weekly basis to facilitate timely reimbursement of float if need arise
- In order to facilitate smooth month end closing, ensure Accounts payable module is timely closed
- Preparation of Accounts payable related reports, this includes AP aging analysis, AP listing and AP Control Account.
- Preparation and production of other Accounts payable reports.
- Tax Related-Ensure all invoices liable for withholding tax are properly deducted.
- Timely reconciliation of Vendors accounts and resolve issues /discrepancies if any
7. Statutory Audit
- With the lead of Chief Accountant assist external Auditors sourcing the necessary information for smooth audit exercise
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Post Graduate in Business related field.
- CPA is an added advantage.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Able to work independently with an eye of high level of prioritizing;
- Knowledge of Sage X3 is an added advantage;
- Task-focused and pro-active approach;
- Strong organizational, time management skills;
- High standard of numeracy and accuracy with attention to detail;
- Confident, effective and simple communication with clients at all levels;
Manufacturing: 3 Years
Finance: 3 Years