Senior Regional Operations and Maintenance Manager
The Senior Regional Operations and Maintenance Manager will manage and provide technical guidance of on-site maintenance expertise in support of field activities, create a stable workforce environment through developing consistent technical management practices, and providing guidance and leadership to resolve issues within their assigned regions. The incumbent acts as a coach to their teams on all technical issues to resolve technical, operational, or personnel problems
- Provides leadership and direction to Field Supervisors by providing day-to-day guidance.
- Makes project allocations or coordinates with Chief Operations Officer (COO) to make assignments; ensures projects are adequately staffed and talent is equitably shared between projects to maximize productivity.
- Monitors and coordinates operational Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Performs job coordination and planning functions such as reviewing schedules to identify job intervals, addressing material issues, evaluating skill requirements, assessing resource requirements versus availability, approving quality plans, assisting with site surveys, coordinating job/customer visits, working with customers, etc.
- Manages all operational reporting and escalations to management within their regions.
- Supports cross-departmental queries and escalations.
- Responsible for handling site access issues in their region.
- Develops a tracker for activities/projects for effective monitoring & controlling.
- Directs employees relative to performance, annual reviews, company policies and procedures in order to advance them.
- Comply with the provisions of health, safety, and environment legislation in Tanzania, and shall also comply with Company’s policies and procedures including occupational health and safety and wellness policies, and any modifications to any policy that may be introduced from time to
- Live Company’s Core Principles and work proactively in a customer-related way in accordance with adopted procedures and best
- Work cooperatively with colleagues and external stakeholders to promote the Company’s overall business
- Ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained at all
- Perform any other duty as directed by line
- Supervise and manage the performance of Field Supervisors within a particular region.
- Proactively identify and resolve personnel issues in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Recruit, develop, and retain staff, partnering with Human Resources. This includes onboarding and orientation for new hires.
- Provide disciplined performance management for the team. Define and communicate annual goals, perform formal and informal performance reviews, and ensure changes and updates are communicated in a timely and professional manner.
- Create a strong collaborative team environment.
- Ensure positive team actions under any circumstances.
- Ensure ongoing feedback is provided and corrective action is taken where required.
- Focus on solutions not problems.
- Ensure that appearance and behavior is always in line with the Company’s policies and other guidelines.
- In a timely manner, escalate matters as appropriate to the line manager and/or the escalation matrix stipulated in the relevant Company / Group policy.
HSSE AWARENESS AND ACTION:
- Ensure that own vehicle and other company equipment is operated in line with health and safety guidelines.
- Raise any HSSE deviations and/or perceived problems/concerns to the urgent attention of senior management.
- Ensure that all officers within the department comply with the Organisation’s health and safety
Approximately 30% performed in a climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 70% travel within Tanzania may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities
Education and Qualifications
- HND/ Degree in Telecom/ Civil/ Electrical Engineering or related course.
- 5+ years experience in Telecommunications site operations.
- Previous supervisor experience preferred
- Proven knowledge and ability to analyze and solve complex logical problems
- Ability to manage projects, ensuring that projects are clearly defined, systematically executed, and results-oriented.
- The Regional Manager, Service Delivery must be experienced in ensuring safe work practices and maintaining effective communications with team members and vendors.
- Adherence to Project Management best practices, processes, and standards within the organization are required.
- Established skills to coach and mentor less experienced Telecom Engineers.
- Current working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system software.
- Capable of delivering appropriate and timely feedback to senior team members and management as required.
- Must be highly numerate and analytical.
- Strong relationship-development skills resulting in long term mutually beneficial client relationships.
- Strong organization, planning and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet business requirements and deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills; Ability to drive and motivate team to achieve results within the department.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume environment
- Ability to drive work both independently toward the successful attainment of department goals and project completion dates, and as part of a team to leverage input and knowledge base of others within the company in providing well rounded and thoughtful information and solutions
- Ability to identify key contacts for follow up; excellent ability to communicate project and status updates to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding.
Chief Operations Officer
Telecommunication: 5 Years
Operations: 5 Years