Senior Procurement and Supplies Manager
The Senior Procurement Manager assumes complete responsibility for overseeing the procurement function. This role involves managing the procurement processes and necessary supplies for health projects, scientific research, and health laboratory operations, all while ensuring strict adherence to regulations, quality standards, and budgetary constraints. The position will actively collaborate with the senior management team, finance department, program staff, other operational teams, and external stakeholders to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of procurement processes. Additionally, this role encompasses overseeing distribution management within logistics, which involves responsibilities such as managing transportation, warehousing, and monitoring the flow of goods and supplies in the regions where the organization operates.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies aligned with the organization's goals and project requirements. Collaborate with stakeholders to identify needs, forecast demands, and plan procurement activities accordingly.
- Develop and manage procurement budgets, track expenses, and optimize spending while identifying opportunities for cost savings and efficiencies without compromising quality.
- Supervise and manage all procurement and associated logistics processes while leading a team of Procurement Specialists/Officers.
- Oversee procurement analysis for all supplies/services in collaboration with the procurement team. Provide necessary support to the internal tender committee to ensure adherence to the organization's SOPs. Guarantee fairness and competitiveness in all procurement procedures and selection processes.
- Assist team members in presenting suppliers during procurement committee meetings. Ensure clear documentation of supplier selection for auditing purposes.
- Oversee the end-to-end supply chain process, including inventory management, logistics, and distribution to ensure timely delivery of goods and materials while maintaining optimal stock levels.
- Ensure effective completion of all deliveries to sites and regions, accounting for all supplies.
- Manage the delivery of goods/services to the organization, ensuring accurate item accounting.
- Supervise all supplies for the organization. Ensure the procurement/administration team logs all incoming and outgoing supplies. Investigate and report any discrepancies discovered.
- Oversee the procurement and delivery process for project supplies to branch offices/sites/training/events.
- Maintain comprehensive records of inventory. Update various stocks as required.
- Ensure compliance with procurement policies, industry regulations, and ethical standards. Stay updated on relevant laws and regulations affecting procurement processes in the health and scientific research domains.
- Source, evaluate, and manage relationships with suppliers and vendors. Negotiate contracts, pricing, terms, and service level agreements (SLAs) to secure cost-effective and high-quality supplies.
- Uphold the Conflict-of-Interest Policy throughout all procurement processes. Report any concerns about procurement processes.
- Conduct market price surveys for all procurements and guide the team in negotiating optimal value for money.
- Lead and mentor a team of procurement professionals, providing guidance, training, and support. Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including project managers, scientists, and laboratory staff, to understand supply needs and align procurement activities with project timelines.
- Establish quality assurance measures for procured supplies, ensuring they meet required standards and specifications.
- Implement quality control processes to assess and maintain the quality of materials and equipment used in scientific research, health laboratories, and health projects.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics, Business Administration with Logistics, and procurement specialization; Masters’ Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain, Logistics or related field
- Must be certified with the relevant body.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience in a in similar senior role in an organization with similar scale and complexity.
- Minimum 4 years of supervision of a team of at least 3 people in the relevant field
- Extensive experience in procurement and supply chain management, preferably in healthcare, scientific research, or laboratory settings.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven ability to achieve continuous process improvement in procurement and supply chain management.
- Strong understanding of procurement best practices, regulations, and quality standards related to health projects and scientific research. Proficiency in using procurement software, ERP systems, and data analysis tools.
- Leadership abilities with a strategic mindset and problem-solving skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of the management information required for an effective procurement and supply chain management process.
- Strong knowledge of supply chain management
- High levels of Integrity
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills.
- Initiative and ability to work independently.
- Excellent influencing, persuasion, and negotiating skills.
- Outstanding Technical/Professional knowledge
Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Procurement and Supplies Proffessionals and Technicians Board
Health: 8 Years
Non-profits (NGO): 8 Years
Procurement / Purchasing: 8 Years
Management: 4 Years