Regional Operations and Maintenance Manager
The Field Supervisor will maintain the effective & efficient operation of the electrical, mechanical and air conditioning equipment installed on all Company infrastructure through use of external maintenance contractors assigned to their region
contractors assigned to their region.
- To maintain operational requirements of all mechanical and electrical/ air conditioning equipment in the region.
- To carry out on-site liaison with regional mechanical and electrical/ air conditioning maintenance contractors.
- To prepare maintenance order/ job instructions for regional mechanical and electrical/ air conditioning maintenance contractors.
- To carry out routine inspections of the entire mechanical and electrical air conditioning infrastructure installed in the region and take corrective actions so as to ensure effective and timely maintenance is done and that the equipment can last for a recommended lifetime.
- As and when required attend to any network impacting issues and outages.
- Closely work with contractors to minimize interruption of services offered by the Company due to mechanical and electrical/ air conditioning equipment failures.
- To constantly research, identify and implement processes as well as recommend tools required to enhance efficiencies of the regional mechanical and electrical/ air conditioning equipment maintenance operations.
- Ensure that Opex saving solutions comply with operation objectives, within the designated region.
- To monitor, measure, report and manage the Service Level Agreements (SLAs) KPIs with external mechanical and electrical/air conditioning suppliers/contractors and ensure value for money.
- To participate in the designing and revision of efficient & effective preventive maintenance routines and procedures within the mechanical and electrical/air conditioning maintenance function.
- Develop and maintain accurate records of all installed mechanical and electrical/air conditioning equipment.
- Routinely review the installed mechanical and electrical/ air conditioning equipment and timely produce input to the swap-out plan for equipment that has outlived its usefulness.
- Compile and send through all the necessary operational and management reports for mechanical and electrical/air conditioning equipment contractor activities.
- To routinely check/ review & verify all contractor invoices so that payments are made correctly against works executed.
- Comply with the provisions of health, safety, and environment legislation in Tanzania, and shall also comply with Company’s policies and procedures including occupational health and safety and wellness policies, and any modifications to any policy that may be introduced from time to
- Live Company’s Core Principles and work proactively in a customer-related way in accordance with adopted procedures and best
- Work cooperatively with colleagues and external stakeholders to promote the Company’s overall business
- Ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained at all
- Perform any other duty as directed by line
- Will supervise all mechanical and electrical/ air conditioning equipment contractor activities and any other assigned contractors/personnel.
- Ensure positive team actions under any circumstances.
- Ensure ongoing feedback is provided and corrective action is taken where required.
- Focus on solutions, not problems.
- Ensure that appearance and behavior are always in line with the Company’s policies and other guidelines.
- In a timely manner, escalate matters as appropriate to the line manager and/or the escalation matrix stipulated in the relevant Company / Group policy.
HSSE AWARENESS AND ACTION:
- Ensure that own vehicle and other company equipment is operated in line with health and safety guidelines.
- Raise any HSSE deviations and/or perceived problems/concerns to the urgent attention of senior management.
- Ensure that all officers within the department comply with the Organisation’s health and safety
Education and Qualifications
- Degree Certificate in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from a recognized Institution preferred.
- At least 3 years experience in Mechanical or Electrical/Air conditioning activities.
- At least 2 years experience in contractor supervision in a telecommunication or related industry preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to work independently with very minimal supervision.
- Ability to drive long distances and must have a valid driving license.
- Ability to work long hours.
- Should have advanced spreadsheet/ excel skills.
- EHS certificate and training.
- Operations & Maintenance training in Mechanical and Electrical power (AC & DC) systems.
- Operations and Maintenance Training in Air conditioning systems.
- Very Good Incident detection and problem-solving skills.
Approximately 10% performed in a climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 90% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities
Senior Regional Operations and Maintenance Manager
Telecommunication: 2 Years
Engineering: 3 Years