Responsible for coordinating, implementing and managing the organisation’s projects end-to-end.
Manages key stakeholders, project documentation, project finances, events and reporting to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and meet high quality standards.
- Serve as the main point of contact and communicate project status to all key stakeholders.
- Draft contracts and memoranda of understanding for projects and liaise with the counterpart project managers for sign off. Be responsible for contract management.
- Coordinate project management activities, resources and equipment.
- Liaise with clients and stakeholders to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives. Ensure clients' needs are met as projects evolve.
- Prepare detailed work plans outlining the key activities and timeframes. Engage key stakeholders in order to get their buy-in.
- Coordinate meetings with the Executive/ Steering committee to discuss project progress, risks and challenges that arise and make key decisions.
- Track and monitor project progress and manage any issues that arise.
- Establish a risk register to identify risks and ways to mitigate the risks.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive project documentation including plans and reports and ensure the Operations Manager maintains financial records.
- Ensure revenue targets are met within the stipulated financial and budgeting guidelines.
- Plan for event management for the organisation’s projects, including securing sponsorship, preparing the event programme, scheduling guest speakers and capturing minutes. Liaise with the operations team, designated media firm and membership services for venues, promotional marketing material and managing guest lists.
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly status reports on project activities, schedules and plans as per agreed timelines.
- Review and analyse individual project reports and draw meaningful insights. Prepare consolidated management reports on project activities, schedules and plans as per agreed timelines.
- Prepare and submit client reports for on-going and concluded projects to the Steering Committee.
- Liaise with the Operations Manager to provide financial documentation for audits of the projects
- Identify funding opportunities and prepare proposals for funding. Ensure project objectives are aligned to the organization’s strategic pillars.
- Carry out sales and marketing activities with the objective of generating more business opportunities for growth and development.
- Identify and attend strategic networking events to promote The organisation’s project visibility, enhance interactions with business leaders, seek new business opportunities, and ensure repeat business.
Client relationship management
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing clients, developing industry linkages to ensure the continuity of the organisation’s projects.
- Continually devise innovative ideas and seek opportunities to enhance the client/partner experience and value proposition
Communication, marketing and PR
- Develop a project stakeholder engagement strategy, in collaboration, with the designated media firm.
- Liaise with the media firm and ensure visibility of The organisation’s projects within the membership, partners and external stakeholders by devising and utilising effective communication models.
- Enhance The organisation’s project brands through various media channels (online, print, TV and radio) in collaboration with the media firm.
- Lead the preparation of relevant and effective marketing materials to support the organisation’s projects.
- Prepare inputs on projects and submit to the media firm for consolidation of content for the quarterly newsletter, review drafts and provide feedback.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Business Management, Social Sciences or related field
- Master's degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Business Management, Social Sciences or related field is an added advantage
- A professional qualification (e.g. Project Management Professional (PMP), Projects IN Controlled
- Environments (PRINCE)2 is an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 years relevant working experience with at least 2 years supervisory experience.
- External relations
Business Services / Consultancy: 5 Years
Project & Program Management: 5 Years