Responsible for management of purchasing strategy and activity and for ensuring optimal supplier performance and price. Develop and implement a strategy to ensure the function is operating in line with the objectives of the business to add value, mitigate supply chain risk and deliver cost savings.
Develop and maintain strategic supplier relationships and manage the development of contracts, contractual relationships,
and contract management to deliver continuous improvement in delivery of goods and services by the supply base.
- Ensure that purchasing strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality, and delivery targets, which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market to include Terms and conditions, supplier selection/de-selection, evaluation and rationalization of supply chain solutions including vendor managed inventory, supplier consignments and safety stock.
- Contribute to overall business strategy and annual budget process.
- Take ownership of the purchasing policy, guidelines, and any associated documents.
- Initiate and develop creative and innovative procurement processes.
- Input and hold responsibility for Purchasing and cost estimating budgets.
- Prepare the annual Purchasing budget and forecasts and all Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with customer and legal Manage the budget from identification to completion of projects.
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
- Responsible for managing relationships and negotiating with key suppliers at a senior and strategic level Negotiate contract terms with key suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders if appropriate.
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms.
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer supplier power.
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers.
- Develop an overall vendor base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage utilizing global market exploitation, leveraging spends and leveraging technologies.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a supplier relationship and evaluation process to measure effective supplier performance and compliance.
- Ensure professional and consistent supplier management is applied across the supply base in line with the purchasing policy.
- Provide leadership to department, Coach, mentor and develop direct reports and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions
- Provide leadership, coordination and coaching to the team, ensuring they are trained enabling them to achieve the operational and financial metrics within their areas of responsibility and succeed in their role’s
- Complete regular performance reviews, manage attendance, holidays, disciplinary issues and procedures as appropriate
- Establish strategy and best practices for staff to ensure achievement of overall business objectives.
- Work with the Purchasing team to translate strategy into specific annual performance goals and departmental objectives including KPIs.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Procurement, Supply Chain, Logistics, or any Business related fields.
- Certification in Supplies and Procurement is highly recommended (i.e., CPSP (T) ).
- Proven contract management and supplier experience
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers
- Strong ability to negotiate at all levels
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- Results orientated with ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Commercially and financially astute with experience of managing budgets.
- Minimum 8 years work experience.
Oil & Gas: 8 Years