People Manager: Commercial
The People Manager is accountable for shaping and driving the Organisation people agenda within the regional teams. The People Managerwill have specific responsibility for coaching and working with line management to implement and manage the people cycle andpriorities and delivering all the key people processes, manage and quality-assure world-class People approaches and processes, andensure that the interests and needs of the business unit and its employees are addressed, in order to create and sustain the dream,people, culture principles.
- Partner with the Functional Leadership Team to lead, manage and support their teams to delivering on business priorities
- Ensure that the People service delivered drives business results and supports the business strategy
- Build People capability and credibility through robust development and coaching.
- Embed the People Cycle in the Region
- Manage the talent processes to support the current and future development and deployment needs of the Region
- Ensure that all relevant legislative diversity requirements are met, and support is provided to line managers around the diversity agenda.
- Support the annual target setting and cascading processes, ensuring an aligned collective effort focused on strategic priorities
- Work with the Leadership to assess learning needs in the Region required to deliver the business strategy
- Support the recruitment process in the Region, including ensuring effective onboarding.
- Manage individual reward matters, with support from PD and in line with policies.
- Ensure IR policies and practices are understood by all employees.
- Manage the resolution of employee/IR issues in the Site/Region.
- Managed Employee Master Data Quality.
- Review feedback from Employee Engagement surveys as well as other people data [e.g. exit interviews, KPI scorecards) to understandissues associated with engagement.
- Develop and implement appropriate plans to focus on building engagement.
- Consolidate and analyse talent data and work with Leaders.
Education and Qualifications
- 8-10 years Human Resource Generalist experience, with at least 3 years in a management role.
- A bachelor degree in People, Industrial Psychology or equivalent business-related degree
- Knowledge of local labour legislation and experience in labour relations is required
- Experience in FMCG is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in managing the People processes related to the end to-end employee life cycle
- Track record of building excellent relationships and credibility with senior business leaders based on solid commercial understanding and an ability to identify customer needs and go beyond just delivering defined People solutions.
- A track record of building People capability, shaping culture and leadership behaviours.
- Proven experience in solving strategic business problems with pragmatic solutions.
- Ability to get work done and make a difference i.e. performing and delivering business- oriented People solutions and approaches through influence, coordination, and individual effort"
- A bias for action and speed, and a track record of delivering in a resourceful manner is essential.
- Ability to manage confidentiality.
- High levels of integrity.
- Personal and career maturity to comfortably guide and coach senior leaders and managers.
- Strong communication, engagement and interpersonal skills –delivers impactful messages and influences outcomes.
People Director: Tanzania & Uganda
FMCG, Retail & Wholesale: 10 Years
Food & Beverage: 8 Years