The Payroll Accountant will be responsible for payroll functions ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. Responsible for Managing compensation and Benefit.
- Process payroll, ensuring accuracy and the timely payments of salaries to all staff
- Ensure statutory deductions are accurately and timely processed
- Ensure timely and accurate remittance of statutory deductions to tax and pension institutions and other claims ensuring compliance to statutory requirement is fully met.
- Prepares a detailed report of monthly payroll changes, Ensure all payroll changes are supported by approved document and file in the month payroll processing files.
- Responsible for monthly processing of salary batches and effectively upload into banking system.
- Collaborate with HRBP’s on ongoing changes that need to be implemented in the payroll.
- Facilitates audits upon approval providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll accounting software, systems, and procedures.
- Monthly payroll reconciliation – ensure payroll payment matches with journal entries submit report on monthly basis
- Management of employee advances – ensuring that Advance is granted as per policy and relevant documents are approved and kept for payroll processing. Ensure full reimbursement of advances after the deduction period
- Reconcile advance deductions on month to month bases submit to finance and HRM ensure all relevance deductions are done as schedules.
- Ensure highest level of confidentiality
- Be able to evaluate position and determine the proper market value for that job through salary surveys and statistical analysis/ benchmark to determine what the market value is for the job.
- Provide salary simulation as and when required
- Leading C&B review ensuring completion of all relevant aspect of benefits are reviewed and compiled for budget review
- Process retirement, death, injury, withdrawal and retrenchment claims
- Maintain staff records and statements related to pensions
- Attend to all inspections/Audit related to Compensation and Benefit i.e. NSSF, WCF, Inspection etc.
Education and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum three years of related experience required.
- Knowledge of payroll functions including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, High level of accuracy.
- Ability to keep and maintain high level of confidentiality
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office – excel, powerpoint
- Proficient with payroll software.
Oil & Gas: 3 Years