Network Operations Centre (NOC) Manager
The NOC manager has the responsibility is to manage the Network Operations Centre (NOC) team and supervise all day-to-day NOC operational activities. The incumbent ensures the monitoring systems reports are accurate and meet business requirements. The NOC Manager also ensures the development of the NOC team and performance improvements. This role works closely with the entire Operations teams
- Initiate and follow through NOC actions required to achieve, improve or maintain the agreed infrastructure service levels within budget, time and quality.
- Ensure infrastructure monitoring and surveillance requirements of all Company installed infrastructure are met and maintained.
- Ensure that monitoring, measurement, reporting, and evaluation of the Service Level Agreement KPIs are done to achieve value for money. The KPIs include target TTD and MTTR.
- Implement and maintain the NOC-related service support and delivery processes to continuously improve the Company’s infrastructure services to the customers and achieve desired targets.
- Constantly research, identify and implement processes as well as recommend tools required to enhance efficiencies of the NOC operations.
- Ensure NOC participates in the coordination of routine inspections, necessary corrective/preventative actions with the regional maintenance personnel so as to achieve the planned infrastructure lifetime.
- Design and review routines and procedures within the NOC function to achieve desired effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensure development and maintenance of accurate NOC systems records for smooth operations.
- Routinely review the NOC shift staffing and produce the staffing rotas.
- Timely submit management reports and follow-up on action points.
- Closely work with the Service Delivery Manager to verify & reconcile all contractor performance reports to implement the performance penalties where due.
- Participate in the negotiation, agreement and regular review of the SLAs and OLAs with the external service providers/contractors to ensure effective service delivery.
- Ensure budgetary control.
- Comply with the provisions of health, safety, and environment legislation in Tanzania, and shall also comply with Company’s policies and procedures including occupational health and safety and wellness policies, and any modifications to any policy that may be introduced from time to
- Live Company’s Core Principles and work proactively in a customer-related way in accordance with adopted procedures and best
- Work cooperatively with colleagues and external stakeholders to promote the Company’s overall business
- Ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained at all
- Perform any other duty as directed by line
- Supervising and managing the performance of NOC Supervisors and Technicians.
- Proactively identifying and resolving personnel issues in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Recruiting, developing, and retaining staff, partnering with senior management. This includes onboarding and orientation for new hires
- Providing disciplined performance management for the team. Defining and communicating annual goals, performing formal and informal performance reviews, and ensuring changes and updates are communicated in a timely and professional manner.
- Creating a strong collaborative team environment.
- Ensure positive team actions under any circumstances.
- Ensure ongoing feedback is provided and corrective action is taken where required.
- Focus on solutions, not problems.
- Ensure that appearance and behavior are always in line with the Company’s policies and other guidelines.
- In a timely manner, escalate matters as appropriate to the line manager and/or the escalation matrix stipulated in the relevant Company / Group policy.
HSSE AWARENESS AND ACTION:
- Ensure that own vehicle and other company equipment is operated in line with health and safety guidelines.
- Raise any HSSE deviations and/or perceived problems/concerns to the urgent attention of senior management.
- Ensure that all officers within the department comply with the Organisation’s health and safety
Approximately 100% performed in a climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 0% travel with the region may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a degree in Electrical/ Electronics/ Telecommunications or a related field or Networking.
- Five (5) years of hands-on experience in telecoms, tele-traffic environment, with at least three (3) years in a team leadership role and customer relations.
- Experience and comprehension of telecommunications management network philosophy and practice.
- Operational systems and applications.
- Sound analytical skills.
- Mathematical and statistical problem-solving abilities.
- Strong relationship-development skills resulting in long-term mutually beneficial client relationships.
- Self-motivated; Able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests, as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge of others in identifying quality solutions.
- Strong organization, planning, and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet business requirements and deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills; Ability to drive and motivate the team to achieve results within the department.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high-volume environment.
- Ability to drive work both independently toward the successful attainment of department goals and project completion dates, and as part of a team to leverage input and knowledge base of others within the company in providing well-rounded and thoughtful information and solutions.
- Ability to identify key contacts for follow-up; excellent ability to communicate project and status updates to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding.
- Good strategic and problem-solving skills to effectively influence decision-making in key negotiations.
Chief Operations Officer
Telecommunication: 5 Years
NOC Analysis/Management: 5 Years