Manager Marketing & Communication
The incumbent will be developing bank’s marketing strategy and vision and oversees its marketing operations. The primary duty is to use advertising to boost sales revenues. Candidate is expected to identify market trends and supervise the company’s market research efforts. Candidate also works with other departments, such as the product development, distribution and sales teams, to create marketing strategies that will help the organization meet customer demands. The candidate leads the marketing team, executes marketing campaigns and develops initiatives to enhance the efficiency of marketing and advertising plans.
Planning and Management
- Prepare and execute Marketing strategy for the Bank.
- Prepare and execute annual marketing plan.
- Develop and manage the marketing department's budget.
- Creating advertising plans, managing social media content, and organizing direct marketing campaigns
- Regularly Conduct market research in order to meet customers’ needs, make bank’s products competitive and maximize bank’s profitability.
- Developing the marketing strategy for new and existing products; Support in product launches through promotional activities including campaigns, advertisement etc.
- Develop Promotion and marketing collaterals for various Bank’s products and campaigns.
- Overseeing implementation of the Marketing strategy - including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR
- Develop business cases for marketing programs at the proposal stage and make recommendations on marketing tactics.
- Schedules local media buys with vendors, negotiating rates and/or contracts.
- Evaluates advertising proposals presented by vendors.
- Collaborates with third party marketing firm(as needed) with the development of advertising strategies and campaigns to acquire, retain, and expand relationships with customers and identified target segments.
- Lead, supervise, guide and mentor the marketing unit.
- Assists with production of the Bank’s annual report and other shareholder communication pieces.
- Increasing brand awareness and market share.
- Develop and strategically implement the Brand Relevance, Brand Consistency & Relevance and Sustainability Outcomes.
- Conduct monthly brand audit of bank’s assets as per brand guidelines.
- Ensure our brand message is strong and consistent across all channels and marketing efforts (like events, email campaigns, web pages and promotional material)
- Plans and organizes bank-sponsored events.
- Conduct quarterly CSR activities and sponsorships events or as guided by the management.
- Develop and enhance relationship with all type of media houses.
- Identifies community events and opportunities that maximize the Bank’s visibility and aligns with the Bank’s strategic objectives.
- Negotiates and maximizes the bank’s visibility at designated community events.
- Monitors customer satisfaction and ongoing service quality.
- Coordinates customer events, open houses, and other bank-related P.R. events.
- Prepare and Review bank press releases.
- Monitors and coordinates staff participation in local events.
- Coordinates the purchase of promotional items with outside vendors.
- Plan and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, email, social media, and display advertising campaigns.
- Design, build and maintain our social media presence.
- Content creation to establish a strong connection with our customers.
- Identify trends and insights and optimize spend and performance based on the insights.
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience.
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Assures the bank’s website content is updated with relevant resources and information to help customers with their financial needs.
- Manages the email marketing system by uploading lists, creating content, and scheduling and coordinating automation needs.
- Reviews key website, social media, & digital marketing analytics. Reports and recommends strategies that support key bank initiatives and goals.
- Creates ad hoc bank ads and materials for meetings, sales call programs, and events, as necessary.
- Support branch signage needs.
- Plan themes and coordinate all corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives inline with the governing bank policies.
- Coordinate and assist in organizing the Bank’s corporate functions and sponsored events.
- Identify corporate events for sponsorship opportunities that aligns with the bank’s strategy.
Risk and Compliance
- Ensure that all marketing and communication activities are compliant with the central Bank’s branding guidelines e.g., conducting regular visits to the branches to ensure adherence to the Bank’s branding standards.
- Develop Marketing and Communication policy and procedures and ensure they are updated on a year basis or as and when necessary
- Ensure Risk and Control Self-assessment for Marketing department is performed monthly and that RCSA for the department is always updated with new identified risk for discussion with the Head of Risk and Compliance for adequate risk treatment
- Ensure compliance with relevant government bodies and regulations to Marketing and Communication
- Promote the Risk Culture in the Marketing department and ensure risk awareness culture is adapted by all Marketing staff under the department.
- Attend to audit (internal and external) queries related to Marketing
- Assures all forms of advertising meet compliance requirements and keeps marketing records for bank audits and exams as required.
- Ensure Bank’s Tariff is maintained and updated at Branches, websites, Agents and ATMs.
Monitoring, evaluation, and Reporting
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns and assess against goals including impact on lead flow and retention.
- Prepare regular management reports including events’ reports, market research reports.
- Manage relationship with agencies and other vendor partners.
- Receive, compile, and consolidate invoices received and expenditures relating to advertising, promotions, and sponsorships for approval.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
Education and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Communications, Business Administration, or any other related field.
- Over 5 years working experience in the marketing industry.
- Proven working experience in digital marketing.
- An in-depth knowledge of the market.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot original branding opportunities.
- Intimate understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Budget-management skills and proficiency.
- Professional judgment and discretion that comes from years of experience in the field.
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges.
- Highly creative.
- Leadership, communication, and collaboration abilities.
- Strong time management and organizational abilities.
- Creative writing.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices.
Head of Customer
Banking: 5 Years
Retail Banking: 5 Years