Human Resources Manager
Serve specific organisation divisions and/or departments as the HR interface in delivering the Business Strategy through managing the HR relationship with the business and providing full range HR operational and strategic support.
This will be achieved by creating and implementing HR Plans that support optimal business performance in all areas of Human Resource in line with HR policy standards and industry best practice. Provide functional leadership to the administrative support officers of the team.
- Structure and implement productive manpower plans at the lowest cost, thus attaining a desired profit per head ratio against the defined strategy roadmap.
- Manage the success of Human Resources financial strategies of the assigned divisions and/or departments by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analysing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Monitor the approved staff costs and head count budget of the assigned divisions and/or departments to ensure it remains within the approved limit.
- Introduce new business/ accounts to the bank evidenced and coded under your DAO code
- Ensure that the Compensation, Benefits and HR Analytics outcomes are relevant in supporting total reward within the assigned divisions and/or departments, that enhances talent engagement and productivity.
- Enhance the divisions and/or department’s competencies and capabilities through development and implementation of learning and development strategies and systems that are effective in enhancing productivity, mitigating impact of high staff turnover driven by labour market environment.
- Ensure the provision of the highest quality of human resources shared services.
- Look after employee engagement and the creation of quality of leadership experienced which translates into innovation, conducive work environment.
- Realisation of performance (result-oriented) culture, evidently driven by suitable performance management practices and leadership development programmes
Internal Business Processes
- Collectively drive the HR Division’s adherence to approved policies and procedures and provide feedback on the same so as to keep them competitive.
- Be an advocate for a continually improving way of working within the team to drive efficient and impactful engagement and accurate delivery of service.
- Maintain good industrial relations practices and effective communication with all staff members and their recognised representatives with a view of enhancing understanding and minimising down time.
- Proactively participate in organisation projects.
Learning and Growth
- Provide overall leadership and support high performing and engaged workforce, through managing performance, motivating, coaching and training the team accordingly.
- Maintain own high performance.
- Own up-to-date and actioned competency assessments and development plans.
- Nil disruption to business / loss of business due to lack of own succession and back-fill.
- Maintain the desired Leadership - 360-degree feedback score
Education and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree from a recognized accredited university.
- At least 5 years’ experience in HR, 2 of which should have been in a management capacity in a similar sized organisation.
Desired work experience:
- Proven track record of consistently supporting the achievement of an organisation’s people strategy, with a market reputation of being a trusted advisor on matters pertaining to HR.
- In-depth knowledge of the local banking industry, banking products, banking services and banking regulations.
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of all labour regulations and practices.
- Seasoned commercial thinker, proficient with depth of experience in areas of business and banking.Ability to adapt to and work in different functions
Banking: 5 Years
Human Resource (HR): 8 Years