Head of Marketing and Communication
- The Head of Marketing & Communication has primarily responsibility for the planning, development and implementation of marketing strategies, plans and campaigns and overall responsibility for compliance to Bank identity and brand health monitoring.
- Responsible in developing effective marketing strategies, exploring for new markets to build and manage the brand to meet strategic business objectives.
- Maintain a positive and vibrant relationship with media houses in Tanzania and effective management of reputation risk and publicity.
- To position the Bank as a Corporate Citizen in community development in Tanzania ,so to create an overall positive impact on society and relevant stakeholders by investing in communities.
- Developing Marketing and Communication strategies for the Bank in line with Bank objectives.
- Managing all Marketing and Communication initiatives for the Bank.
- Develop Marketing strategies to support business initiatives.
- Overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity
- Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote products and services, working with advertising agencies
- Planning and implementing promotional campaigns.
- Overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity.
- Creation and publication of all marketing material in line with marketing plans.
- Analysing potential strategic partner relationships for Bank marketing.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant Bank functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Crafting strategies for all marketing teams, including Digital, Advertising, Communications and Creativity.
- Assist in developing and implementing a Strategy for CSR which will form part of the overall Strategy required to implement CSR Tanzania focus
- Serve as internal resource and external representative on CSR issues.
- Develop an accepted and long-term strategic plan/set of priorities for targeted communities
- Planning, Developing and Implementing PR strategies
- Managing enquiries from media, individuals and other organisations
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- Planning publicity strategies and campaigns
- Organising events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours
Education and Qualifications
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field.
- Computer literate: technical knowledge of related programmes and computer software.
- A minimum of 5 years’ post-qualification experience, with at least 3 years in a managerial position.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with good command of oral and written knowledge of English.
- A structured approach to dealing with complex and variable work environments in an independent manner.
- Ability to balance opposing business requirements.
- Ability to balance long term and short term requirements independently
- Strong evaluation, communication and reporting skills
- Able to provide advice and cause/effect evaluation to support business decision making
- Independent and logical thinker, yet an achiever and implementer
- Leads by example
- Good at managing large volumes of information and can add value through management reporting
- Builds relationships and networks easily
- Managing Director
Banking: 5 Years
Marketing: 5 Years
Community, Sustainability & Responsibility (CSR):5 Years