Head of Internal Audit
Responsible for performing objective, independent, and reliable assessments of the effectiveness of a bank’s risk management activities, its compliance with applicable regulations, and its internal control-environment
- Examine and evaluate the effectiveness and adequacy of the internal control systems.
- Perform review of the effectiveness and application of risk assessment methodologies and risk management procedures.
- Review financial and management information systems, including the electronic banking services and electronic information system
- Review financial reports and accounting records for accuracy and reliability.
- Perform review of means, techniques, or methods of safeguarding assets
- Perform review of system applied by the bank in evaluating its capital vs estimated risk
- Perform evaluation of operational efficiency
- Perform test on both the functioning of specific internal control procedures and transactions
- Perform review on established systems for ensuring codes of conduct, compliance with regulatory and legal requirements, and the implementation of procedures and policies
- Monitor and supervise administrative activities in IAD department to ensure adequate control and cost effectiveness in all activities including manpower and operational activities.
- Spearhead and co-ordinate continuous improvements of operating systems, procedures and policies; thus reviewing, evaluating, investigating, and advising on appropriate systems and internal controls required in the respective departments for the smooth and prudent financial management and running of the Bank’s business.
- Perform special investigations as may be required from time ti time.
- Perform any other duties as may be required by the Chief Executive officer of Chairman of the Board Audit Committee
Education and Qualifications
- University Degree in Commerce /Accountancy /Business Administration /Economics /Banking and Finance or equivalent
- A Master’s degree and Certification by Institute of internal Auditors (CIA) is an added advantage
- Professional qualification in Fraud examination or related
- Professional qualifications in accounting such as CPA, ACCA.
- Minimum of Eight (8) years’ of experience in Internal Audit, Three (3) of which in Managerial Position of a reputable Bank /financial Institution of Audit Firm
Certified Public Accountant / NBAA
Banking: 8 Years
Audit: 8 Years