Responsible for handling the financial requirements of a multinational school according to both local and international standards of financial management and reporting. The individual must have a strong understanding of both legal, stakeholder relationships and statutory bodies handling all matters of compliance with the highest level of integrity.
- Work closely with Group Management, and the heads of the in-country schools in the development of business plans, ensuring alignment between Group plans and the individual school performance goals.
- Development and implementation of policies, systems, procedures, and controls that facilitate the efficient recording and reporting of financial and accounting information.
- Keep up to date, and ensure compliance, with all statutory, regulatory, and professional requirements.
- Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results, and proposing corrective actions.
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of annual budgets; analysis and reporting of performance against budgets; preparation of financial and management reports, and financial trends;
- Prepare for and ensure the external audit is completed and submitted to the TRA by the deadline. Liaise with the CFO as required for coordination of the draft audited accounts. Act on recommendations in the management letter.
- Work with the individual schools in the implementation of Group Debt Matrix taking into consideration each school's unique standing while ensuring proper management of their cashflows, ensuring collections are made, and that debt is effectively managed.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders such as the banks, regulatory authorities such as TRA, tax advisors, external auditors, and associations that ensure business continuity.
- Report to the boards of BSTL, BSL, and BL
- Work on specific projects in-country or with the CFO of BL as requested, or as suggested.
- Appraising and developing the accounting team, conducting training as and when required
- Other tasks deemed necessary and within your professional abilities.
Education and Qualifications
- A Degree in Accounting, Finance, or any related field.
- Experience in similar role in a large company or corporation
- Technically sound understanding of finance and accounting rules and reporting at a senior level.
- Senior Manager leadership attributes.
- Provide clear strategy and direction and sets measurable performance parameters to subordinates
- Able to communicate efficiently verbally and in writing.
- Advanced Computer literacy.
- Ability to plan and manage time efficiently.
- Attention to detail.
- High level of common sense.
- Ability to make calculated and thought through decisions
- Managing Director
Certified Public Accountant / NBAA
Finance: 7 Years
Education & Teaching: 3 Years