Enterprise Projects Manager
Manages the PMO process implementation and is deeply involved in improving the consistency, predictability and efficiency of the banks project delivery capability. This role guides best practices and must also ensure that the operational issues of the PMO (Project Management Office) are managed, focusing on the project interface with the project executive team, project steering committees, project teams, procurement, and technology.
- Control Project Capex spend by ensuring that all Capex spend is budgeted for and authorized accordingly. Ascertain that project budgets are tracked weekly, and payments are performed efficiently.
Internal Business Processes
- Ensure adherence to and application of established policies, processes, and tools to achieve optimal efficiency, compliance and cost containment. Monitoring compliance with Project management standards, policies and procedures to drive maturity in project management
- Establish and manage a benefits realization framework to be adopted across the group to ensure that envisioned benefits are clearly tabulated and measured.
- Establish and manage a consistent process and framework for monitoring, controlling and reporting on project deliverables. Production of dashboards and reports that provide an enterprise wide view of project portfolios and resource utilization.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with vendors and all levels of staff; serve as resource for technical or business expertise and advice on strategic priorities and projects
Learning and growth
- Stay up to date with latest industrial standards and soft skills relevant to project management.
Education and Qualifications
Academic: Degree holder from a recognized University (minimum – 2nd class upper or equivalent) with focus on ICT, Engineering related fields or Project Management. Master’s degree as an added advantage.
Professional: Must have an in-depth knowledge of PMBOK or Prince 2. Advanced Certification required.
At least 5 years’ experience in Project Management within Banking or Financial Services industry. 3 years’ experience with business analysis and reporting.
Core Value Behaviours.
Confident (Self Mastery).
- Describes people who are self-assured, in control, Bold, and deliver to the highest standards of expectations with ease while exhibiting the sort of presence that builds confidence in others.
Comfortable (Connecting with people).
- Describes people who are cool and resilient under pressure, honest in every dealing, open to constructive criticism, can be relied on to deliver.
Elegant (Effortless delivery).
- Describes people who demonstrate effortless simplicity and are able to do mundane things with grace and flair. They connect easily with different audiences, exhibit finesse in all interactions and have a high sense of values that they uphold at every turn.
Prestige (Pride and ownership of our work).
- Describes people who believe in themselves, are respected and treat others with respect and occupy a significant place in people’s minds.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Broad knowledge of banking operations Ability to segment the target market, gather market intelligence and identify opportunities.
- Experienced in the identification, assessment and management of project risks – able to manage the risk not just the list.
- Strong commercial awareness. Understands and applies commercial and financial principles. Views issues in terms of costs, profits, risks, markets and added value.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Leadership skills to effectively manage/lead a team and deputize for the team leader. Motivates and empowers others in order to reach organizational goals.
- Able to create a sense of community and shared direction amongst a disparate and diverse program team.
- Interpersonal skills to create and maintain relevant business networks; and to effectively communicate with and manage stakeholders who impact performance.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented culture.
- Ability to plan and organize self and work in order to achieve objectives and targets and is determined to and accountable for deliver outcomes and is able to overcome obstacles in order to move forward.
- Quality Orientation to effectively perform assigned activities/tasks in a manner that consistently achieves high quality standards or benchmarks.
- Speaks clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups. Able to create rapport with others and develop effective communication and team spirit with colleagues.
- Writes in a clear and concise manner, using appropriate grammar, style and language for the reader.
- Strong Planning and organizing skills to effectively organize and schedules events and activities and resources. Sets up and monitors timescales and plans.
- Persuasion skills to influence convince or impress others in a way that results in acceptance, agreement or behavior change.
- Strong teamwork and personal leadership skills.
Head of Technology and Operations
Banking: 5 Years
Business Services / Consultancy: 3 Years