Category Manager - Spares, Equipment and Related Services
To lead the sourcing of spare parts and equipment for the plant, ensuring optimization in terms of cost, quality and efficiency as well as compliance with all company policies.
- STRATEGY - Develop and keep updated a category strategy including spend analytics, supplier and cost (TCO) analysis, actions to increase competition, MPT planning & implementation, risk mitigation, P2P process improvements
- SAVINGS -Achieve targeted savings through implementation of above strategy
- LEAD TIMES - Manage and meet delivery times through demand planning, forecasting and delivery scheduling
- DPO - Improvement of payment terms through strategic negotiation and planning
- CONTRACT MANAGEMENT: Proactive management of all relevant contracts to ensure timely and thorough re-tendering, optimisation of contract content to reflect agreed terms and compliance
- INTERNAL STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT: Ensure good alignment from earliest possible stage with internal stakeholders from need verification through to delivery
Purchase to pay process Management:
- Defining P2P (Purchase-To-Pay) strategy for managed sub-categories, including buying channels, content strategy, necessary PR compliance checks, specific PR requirements and ensure compliance.
- Ensure that Suppliers have necessary capacity and stock arrangements to support the Business requirements (NB. Crystal clear delivery timing/scheduling/planning of all orders)
- Ensure that very clear sourcing plan in place for critical items (alternate suppliers/factories/items, business continuity plans etc)
Suppliers Relationship Management:
- Identification & development of viable new suppliers (including from LCCs) capable of challenging existing technically /commercially
- Total engagement with all Suppliers in execution of P to P process in line with agreed targets
- Take overall responsibility for the performance of Suppliers within specified Material Categories
- Work with other functions/MPTs (OSSHE, User Departments, Technical, Finance and Warehouse) to ensure that targets (currently OTIF and Non-Compliances) are met
- Set up of supplier evaluation framework together with Cat. Manager Tools, systems and Reporting. Regular evaluation of suppliers based on this
Reporting, Forecasting and Record keeping:
- Development of reports to be used in daily/weekly/monthly updating of PR, PO and delivery status of all categorical materials and services.
- To keep proper records on purchase orders by maintaining all records such as requests for purchase, quotations, bid evaluations, and other correspondences in the particular purchase order soft copies through EAM system.
- Identification of new sources and participation in development of scopes works/services that can reduce cost, improve process and lead time.
- Lead on specific category improvement projects (for instance these may relate to New systems, New Capacity, New Products or other Company initiatives)
Code of Business Conduct:
Compliance to HC Group Code of Business Conduct, Compliance Polices and Guidelines
Health, Safety, Security and Environment:
- Ensure OSHA compliance as per company and statutory requirements
- Integration of all OSHA aspects in the entire procurement process
Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor
Education and Qualifications
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma in Procurement and/or Engineering
- At least three years full engagement in procurement and/or engineering activities
- Business level written and spoken English in addition to relevant local languages.
- Proficient in applicable purchasing software and systems.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines for multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proactive approach with ability to communicate effectively and clearly with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to challenge the status quo and convince stakeholders of alternative approaches.
- Excellent Negotiator
- Energy and proactivity
Head of Procurement - Cluster III
Manufacturing: 5 Years
Procurement / Purchasing: 5 Years