Assistant Finance Officer
The Assistant Finance Officer role will amplify your career. From assisting the Finance manager in managing daily financial operations, procurement, and compliances to producing financial reports we promise you will grow, learn, and make a difference.
- Review and post transactions in the system, ensuring correct coding and accuracy.
- Prepare monthly financial reports to be shared with the Finance Manager for review.
- Prepare donors’ reports as per donor requirements and conditions
- Provide support to the finance manager on the financial month-end closure processes.
- Monitor all financial transactions and recommend ways to increase the effectiveness of the internal control on weaknesses observed.
- Assist program staff in budget preparation and ensure completeness and accuracy
- Ensuring spending is in line with the approved budget and workplan
- Providing technical support to the program staff and partners,
- Reviewing requisitions and payments before approval
- Proper filling and maintaining of the supporting financial documents
- Support different audits by provision of supporting documents and other requested information
- Reconciliation and filling of bank statements monthly with appropriate approval.
- Ensure procurement processes are well followed before issuing a purchase order.
- Maintain and update the fixed asset register on regular basis
- Ensure physical asset and inventory verification is performed semi annually
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Compute taxes as appropriate on every transaction
- Ensure filing of tax returns to TRA on time.
- Ensure timely submission of contributions to NSSF, WCF, HESLB and other authorities
- Maintaining confidentiality of information and documents
- Undertake other reasonable tasks as directed by the Finance Manager and or Senior Managers.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or related field
- Minimum of 3 years proven skills in finance management in reputable and comparable organizations.
- Experience of non- profit sector including management of grants
- Experience of managing grants within contractual conditionalities
- Proficiency with accounting software preferably SAGE Evolution and excellent Excel skills.
- Knowledge of financial reporting
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Cash Flows, Budgetary Controls, and government compliance
- Proven ability to make complex and time-sensitive decisions in the best interests of the organization.
- Ability to train and orient finance and non- finance staff on budget and finance management
- Computer skills, especially on how to efficiently use M.S office applications e.g., ms word, excel, power-point, publisher
- Have a high level of integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and should be able to communicate effectively with management and other staff.
- A team player
- Customer services oriented.
- Efficient communication skills, e.g., proper speaking and writing in English and Kiswahili languages.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Willing to travel outside workstation.
Finance Services: 3 Years
Non-profits (NGO): 3 Years
Accounting & Bookkeeping: 3 Years