Administration Officer - Swisscontact
Under the supervision of the Finance and Administration officer, the administration officer will be responsible for:
- smooth functioning of the Swisscontact Country office in Tanzania.
- supervision of the Office Assistant and driver.
More specifically the administration officer will implement the following tasks, in close collaboration with the Finance and Administration team:
A) Office Management
- Oversees the smooth flow of daily routine office management tasks of the Swisscontact Office
- Proposes improvement to office setup and office management
- Organizes a filing system for important and confidential company documents
- Distributes and stores correspondence (e.g., letters, emails, and packages)
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Facilitates onboarding and off boarding of employees
- Assist in printing and photocopying of office documents
- Liaise with service provider for office related works and supervises their work
B) Logistics functions
- Arranges local and international flights
- Arranges hotel booking for staffs, conferences for meetings and workshops
- Manages the booking of cars by staff (Long term rental cars as well as short term rental)
- Ensures the rented cars follow the Security guideline of Swisscontact
- Ensure Swisscontact receives required documentation
- If needed, supports the preparation and coordination of workshops, training activities and stakeholder – meetings and other participants including contacts to participants, invitation of participants and confirmation of participation
C) Other tasks
- Perform any other tasks requested by the direct supervisor and Project Manager
Education and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in a related subject would be of advantage
At least 2 years of professional experience in a comparable position
- Strong organization skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to use Microsoft office package (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
The main place of work will be Morogoro with occasional travel to other parts of Tanzania.
Interested candidates are invited to submit CVs with a motivation letter/cover letter in English including three (3) referees to SET Team Leader (email@example.com) not later than 5:00 PM (EAT time) on 27th October 2021.
Please note that:
- The consortium respects gender equality and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
Finance and Administration officer
Non-profits (NGO): 2 Years
Admin & Clerical: 2 Years