Overseeing all logistical processes and compliance, leading a team of 3. This role requires interactions with Marketing, Sales & Distribution.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers, dealers and customers
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Partner with global and the regions to ensure customs and trade compliance
- Arrange warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements
- Establish or monitor specific supply chain-based performance measurement systems
- Plan, implement and manage procedures to optimize inventory control & identify storages
- Create policies or procedures for logistics activities
- Plan or implement material flow management systems to meet production requirements
- Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, or performance evaluation.
- Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies and processes across the organization to improve operational and financial performance
- Plan and direct the activities of direct reports so that maximum, measurable results are achieved.
- Conduct staff performance reviews; establishes goals, objectives and training for staff members.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree Logistics, Supply Chain, Procurement or any other relevant qualification
- At least 12 years’ experience in supply chain, procurement, or other relevant experience, including at least 5 years in positions involving managerial or supervisory responsibilities
- Proven management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development
- Strong understanding of how to optimize landed cost with supplier and delivery risk through tough negotiation, good vendor selection and appropriate contract terms.
- Commercial contract management skills
- Strategic Materials Planning and Organising capability
- Financial acumen
- Knowledge of Channel distribution
- Managerial skills and knowledge
- Excellent planning, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work
- Ability to deliver results and creative solutions to challenges under pressure
- Ability to work across cultures with high energy
- Knowledge of incoterms, shipping terms, LCs, insurance and customs processes as well as the ability to communicate with the relevant national or international governing organization such as the chamber of commerce, port and customs authorities.