Assist the IT Assistant as needed in providing technical support, system management and service to all company staff.
- Provide assistance and training to staff on information systems where necessary including (but not limited to) the website, ERP system, database and others.
- Provide assistance, training and troubleshooting to staff
- Assist in troubleshooting any end user hardware and software
- Perform installations, repairs, and preventative maintenance on staff computers
- Monitor CCTV systems ensure all cameras are working and recording. Report anymalicious or unauthorized
- Take care of biometric systems and report any problems to the service providers.
- Monitor antivirus and firewalls on computers and do scans
- Take care of employee data back-ups and ensure they are done
- Monitor ERP backups
Computer Systems and Equipment Maintenance
- Assist in performing system upgrades as necessary for software and hardware related components as needed
- Perform light administrative duties on the internal network
- Monitor backup procedures and perform occasional recoveries to ensure backup integrity
- Contact vendors and service providers of IT equipment and supplies for efficient and effective office operations
- Take care of all photocopy machines, ensure maintenance is done
- Report any problems and find alternative solutions
- Take care of cash counting machines and ensure continuous maintenance is done
- Take care of EFD machines and report any issues to vendors
- Maintain the company's CDs and DVDs library as well as all the necessary library updates
- Work with the marketing team to manage website information to ensure content, style and presentation is appropriate for web-based publishing
- Maintain and update the company website
- Assist the IT Assistant in monitoring site traffic and ensure user accessibility to the certain sites are limited
- Adding collected SMR’s to database and sharing
- Take care of network and internet issues by contacting the service providers.
Other General Tasks
- Update the IT
- Update price
- Prepare price list tags for HQ and branches
- Advanced Diploma or Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience. Knowledge and understanding of current trends and developments in information technology.
- Minimum of 3 years advanced knowledge and understanding of current operating platforms and common business software programs, knowledge of web design principles, or good experience and knowledge of microsoft operating systems and Networks.
- Hardware maintenance and graphic design are an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - with a focus on building trusting long lasting relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the team, and to interface with other branches of the the organisation
- Ability to solve and make decisions under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to assess and evaluate current and future workloads
- Ability to research, analyze and plan for long-term information system needs.
- Ability to develop and promote a cooperative work environment
Skills and Attributes
- Passionate, enthusiastic and confident
- Highly motivated
- Initiative and resourcefulness
- Strong influencing skills
- Performance oriented
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Focused attention to detail and deadlines
- Task / project deadline oriented
- High level of responsibility, accountability integrity
- Proven accuracy and organization with work
- Fluent written and spoken English and Swahili
- IT Assistant
Manufacturing: 3 Years