Manage all activities around the workshop
- Estimate costs and time required for repair or maintenance of the vehicle.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate the day-to-day running of the garage, e.g. by writing work orders and by arranging for garage staff to perform necessary maintenance and repair work on vehicles.
- Repair, maintain, and service vehicles and their mechanical and electronic components.
- Ensure that necessary spare parts, materials, and equipment are available or obtainable at short notice.
- Check the activities in the garage, inspect completed work for compliance with safety and other statutory regulations, and make sure defects are repaired or adjusted.
- Maintain records of repair and service work, and make reports to detect recurrent faults.
- Make sure the vehicle is returned to the owner in a clean and decent state.
- Provide information for staff about latest developments, technical specifications of new cars, garage merchandise, etc.
Education and Qualifications
- Education should be at least Form 4 and above
- At least more than 5-8 Years of Experience.
- Liaise with managers
- Supervise work
- Promote organizational communication
- Create solutions to problems
- Advise customers
- Disseminate internal communications
- Identify customer's needs
- Maintain relationships with suppliers
- Manage staff
- Provide operational efficiency training to employees
- Diagnose problems with vehicles
- Supervise the management of an establishment
- Plan employees work in vehicle maintenance
- Guarantee customer satisfaction
- Follow company standards
- Use different communication channels
- Maintain relationships with customers
- Plan health and safety procedures
- Visit manufacturers
Manufacturing: 5 Years
Technical/Technician: 5 Years