Trade Marketing Manager
The Trade Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a trade marketing strategy aligned with the brand strategy while focusing on distribution, display, promotion and price. Trade marketers shall analyze competitive price movements, display status, competitive promotions, sell-out data and direct the sales teams where to take action.
- Ensure staff adherence to Security, Health, Safety and Environmental procedures.
- Developing and executing the Trade Marketing Plan in line with sales and marketing objectives and within the approved Marketing budget.
- Improving brand presence and campaign execution across trade through excellent in-store planning, execution and tracking in alignment with the annual marketing plan
- Assist in the management of the product pricing strategy and trade marketing investments in order to support and deliver long-term growth.
- Conceptualizing and executing trade promotions and rolling out impactful in-store campaigns in collaboration with marketing and sales teams
- Plan and manage trade visibility programs and initiatives at trade and ensure relevant messaging on all POS/BTL communication materials.
- Consistent dealer engagement through training and regular visits to ensure that the brand is visible and distributors are engaged on the
- Responsible for competitive tracking and marketplace feedback, competitive reports, pricing reports, merchandising reports, local market economic factors, trade changes and trends.
- Provide trade marketing inputs into new product development
- Maintain good customer relationship between the company and its distributors
- Manage the quarterly market surveillance process by ensuring timely collection of samples and submission of reports to the Marketing Manager.
Education and Qualifications
- A degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in trade marketing.
- Prior experience in Trade Marketing.
- Have strong analytical skills and am comfortable dealing with numerical data.
- Capable of thriving in a matrix environment and are adept at influencing and coordinating with different stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of the consumer industry
- Experience analysing large amounts of data and trends
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively within a diverse workplace.
- Excellent Communication, Planning and Organizing skills
- Ability to use independent judgement and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Advanced analytical, evaluative, and objective critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively summarize and present information.
- Listening skills, as well as the ability to think creatively
Head of Marketing
Manufacturing: 5 Years