TBL Board Member: Tanzania Breweries Plc
Tanzania Breweries Public Limited Company (TBL Plc), is a member of the Anheuser-Busch InBev group of companies (formerly SABMiller). TBL Plc manufactures, sells and distributes clear beer, alcoholic fruit beverages and non-alcoholic beverages within Tanzania. TBL Plc is a major player in the beverage sector and is committed to the export of its products to niche and neighbouring markets under the East Africa common market trading arrangement.
The Board of Directors invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill two positions of Board Members to represent the minority shareholders each owning below 8% of the share capital of the Company.
Qualified candidates will be submitted to the Annual General Meeting for election and the appointees shall serve for a term of 3 years.
The Board takes overall responsibility for the Company, including responsibility for identifying key risk areas, considering and monitoring investment decisions, considering significant financial matters, and reviewing the performance of management business plans and budgets.
Risk Assessment and Business Planning
- The Board delegates the day to day management of the business to the Managing Director assisted by Senior Management
- Participating in the evaluation of business operations and executives
- Contributing to the development of policies and strategic plans
Financial Reporting and Investment Planning
- Oversee the quality and integrity of financial reporting
- Understanding the organization's financial affairs and ensuring fiduciary responsibilities are met
- Maintaining confidentiality on all internal organizational affairs
Internal Control Management
- Oversee the effectiveness of risk identification and management, regulatory compliance and internal control systems.
- Maintains an effective control environment within the organization and that management demonstrates and stimulates the necessary respect of the internal control structure amongst all parties.
Compliance and Corporate Governance
- Ensure that a comprehensive system of internal control, policies and procedures is operative.
- Ensure a high standard of corporate governance throughout the Company as managed by board sub-committees. These are audit and risk committee and remuneration committee.
- Ensure compliance with sound corporate governance principles.
Board Member Expectations:
- The Board is scheduled to meet quarterly with active and conscientious participation
- The applicant should not be a politician, bankrupt, under 21 years of age
- Management experience and knowledge in economics, finance, accounting, rural development, agriculture and cooperatives.
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified applicants must submit via Empower’s job portal:
You can upload all documents by clicking ‘Edit Profile’ button and then scrolling down to the section called ‘CV & Documentation’ where you can upload all the relevant documentation
- Application letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- One passport size photographs
- Certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and awards
- Certified copies of the last page of your passport/national identification card
- Letters of recommendation from 3 relevant referees.
If you do not have all relevant documentation at hand it is advised you upload a CV as a minimum requirement, you can then apply for the role and upload the supporting documentation at a later date prior to the deadline.
Please note without either uploading a CV in Word Doc Format or completing one of the CV Builder Templates the application button will not allow you to proceed further.
All applicants will receive feedback whether they are chosen for further consideration or not – Tanzania Breweries Plc believes in providing each and every candidate timely feedback which is why it has partnered with Empower to support in the entire process.
- Board Chairman