Sustainability and Compliance Manager
The Sustainability and Compliance Manager will be responsible for building an increasingly, diversified network of resource partners including development partners, corporates, academia, policymakers, philanthropists and foundations. The officer will target partners who share in the vision of organisation and provide funds, technical support and other forms of collaboration to meet the current and future needs of organisation.
The post holder will also be responsible for establishing and promoting the brand of organisation locally, regionally and internationally, raising awareness about the organization’s work at various forums and ensuring transparency and regular information sharing with the public. He/she will be a strategic thinker with strong understanding of various media sources and the development sector. This role is responsible for providing leadership in the resource mobilization strategy and Compliance in response to the emerging opportunities and challenges
- Implement organisation's Resource Mobilization Strategy.
- Produce Resource Mobilization Plans and Reports.
- Research and identification of relevant resources includes identify Request for Proposals (RFPs) and Request for Applications (RFAs), guide and coordinate responses.
- Achieve appealing proposals and concepts and effective communication with donor focal points. Includes being organisation's focal point for resource mobilization and sustainability activities.
- Facilitate the implementation of the organisation Resource Mobilization Strategy that includes securing new, diverse and additional resources for organisation. The strategy should respond to organisation's funding needs.
- Conduct and develop a 6 -year funding needs assessment for organisation.
- Develop a Resource Mobilization Manual that includes standard operating procedures and processes; and define the direction of resource acquisition and utilization, approvals and follow up.
- Conducting research on potential donors/partners such as trusts, foundations, companies and high net worth individuals. This includes proactively identifying funding opportunities, as soon as or ideally before they become public knowledge and constantly scan the horizon, network and solicit donor intelligence and share information on donor profiles (policies, preferences, geographical focus).
- Draft appealing proposals and concepts to diverse sources, including development partners, corporate, academia, policy - makers, philanthropists, and foundations.
- Produce Resource Mobilization Plans and Reports as per stipulated periods and requirements. Includes close working relation with the Finance team in development of appropriate budgets.
- Developing, managing and updating Friends of organisation databases to record their contacts and preference information, maintaining a network of corporate contacts and effectively managing and maximizing these relationships.
- Develop and Strengthen Partnerships for Joint Proposal Writing especially with credible organizations in the country. Includes registering with relevant fund-raising associations.
- Organize resource mobilization events for example, Donor Round Tables.
- Build staff capacity on resource mobilization at all levels, including development of tools and skills to aid staff in resource mobilization. This will also include, internally building a case for Resource Mobilization by sensitizing staff on the proposition for mobilizing resources.
- Maintain relations with donors and ensure they are consistently and timely program reports assisting the office of the ED.
- Plan meetings for potential donors to meet the ED in consultation with the office of the ED
- Coordinate timely submission of reports to NGO registrar
- Coordinate timely submission of signed contracts to the Registrar of NGOs and follow-up approvals
- Coordinate reporting to the legal aid registrar
- Coordinate all Compliance of organisation to Regulatory Authorities such as TRA, OSHA and WCF in consultation with the Finance team
- Attend networking meetings for the sustainability of organisation
Education and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Social Science, Business Communication, Marketing, Finance, Public Relations, or a related field
- Minimum 8 years of demonstrated experience in developing fund-raising strategy and institutional resource mobilization, understanding of the development sector and grants management. A proven track record of fundraising from major donors, corporate and foundations.
- At least 5 years’ experience in NGO Sector.
- Proven competence in written and spoken English, good writing and editorial skills.
- Proven skills in developing and writing successful funding proposals
- Have high energy, confident presenter and extrovert who can engage people and get them to commit funding/and or to partnering with organisation.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Also, very strong networking skills and excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Director of Finance and Administration
Non-profits (NGO): 5 Years
Funding & Fundraising: 5 Years