The Shift Coordinator's role is to ensure the smooth operations of our food processing start-up facility during assigned shifts. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, you will oversee production activities, manage a team of production operators, and maintain production standards and efficiency. Your leadership and coordination skills will be pivotal in driving the success of our facility and contributing to our growth.
- Supervise and manage production activities during assigned shifts, ensuring adherence to established processes and quality standards.
- Lead and motivate a team of production operators, fostering a culture of teamwork and accountability.
- Collaborate with the COO to develop and implement operational strategies for achieving production targets and goals.
- Train, onboard, and develop production operators, providing guidance and support.
- Assign tasks and responsibilities to team members, ensuring workload distribution and optimal resource utilization.
- Conduct performance evaluations and provide constructive feedback to team members.
Communication and Collaboration:
- Communicate production goals, targets, and performance metrics to the production team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including supply chain, quality control, and maintenance, to ensure seamless operations.
- Report production status, issues, and achievements to the COO and provide recommendations for process improvement.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization and efficiency enhancement.
- Collaborate with the COO to implement improvement initiatives, reducing waste and increasing productivity.
- Lead and support Lean manufacturing practices to achieve operational excellence.
Shift Handover and Documentation:
- Provide comprehensive shift handover reports to ensure smooth transition between shifts.
- Maintain accurate production records, documenting production metrics, incidents, and corrective actions.
Emergency Response and Crisis Management:
- Act as the primary point of contact during emergencies, following established protocols to ensure safety and minimize disruptions.
- Lead the implementation of contingency plans and crisis management strategies when necessary.
Education and Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in food science, engineering, business management, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a supervisory or coordination role within food processing or manufacturing.
- Strong understanding of food safety regulations, quality control procedures, and production processes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate across departments and levels.
- Analytical mindset with problem-solving abilities and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Familiarity with Lean manufacturing principles and practices is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and production management software.
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including weekends and holidays, as required by the operational needs of the facility
Food Processing: 3 Years