Senior Talent Officer
Reporting to the Country Director and working closely with the Global Talent Team, the Senior Talent Officer, as part of the Human Resources team, has a goal to implement the Global HR Strategy and promote an organizational culture of teamwork, service, high-quality transparency, accountability, innovation, and inclusiveness.
The Senior Talent Officer will provide support and provide guidance to all Tanzania staff. S/he will assist the team with all aspects of the HR function and play a key role in building and development, implementation, and alignment of HR Programs while supporting them with day-to-day human resources needs.
Compensation, Benefits and Employee Engagement
- Own BambooHR, and update staff database regularly, and ensure new hires are captured onto Oversee and liaise with Line managers on offer letters, contracts, probation confirmations and prepare contracts or renewals for the Data Team and Sales Agents. Prepare hiring and turnover reports including recommendations for procedures to reduce turnover.
- Managing relationships with the team and medical health insurance on issues relating to new additions, replacements, De-registering, and refunds
- Ensure the legal compliance and implementation of applicable statutory requirements for the Uganda team
- Manage monthly payroll updates to finance in line with current positions and help resolve and follow up on payroll queries (Salaries, Bonus, Bank details)
- Take full responsibility of the recruitment platform, BambooHR and manage it for Uganda
- Coordinate and participate in Job Grading as part of the Job Grading Committee
- Work closely with management and drive the learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees
Employee Relations: HR Policies and Procedures
- As the responsible Senior Talent Officer, assist with the communication and adaptation of global Talent policies and ensure they are applied within the team business units and enforce organizational values
- Provide guidance and act as a bridge between management and employees by addressing demands, grievances, disciplinaries and other HR related issues
- Responsible for overall monitoring and monthly reporting of all employee leave days and ensuring that all Paid Time Off (PTO) plans are submitted through BambooHR. Work with management to ensure leave alignment across the business
- Help to conduct company surveys such as engagement surveys, cost-benefit analysis, salary surveys
- Direct initiatives that lead to the health, wellness, performance and overall satisfaction of staff. Assist and support the fun, interactive All Hands meetings and other internal and external initiatives that celebrate and nurture culture and cohesion
Talent Management & Leadership Development
- Work closely with the management and Global Talent team to execute any retention and succession planning and support initiatives to develop leadership skills in Leaders and Managers
- In consultation with departmental heads, implement coaching and mentoring programs, and any other Learning & Development (L&D) programs that are relevant to upskill the team
Performance Management & HR Compliance
- Provide support to the teams at all levels to develop appropriate performance management culture and ensure the effective and timely implementation of the appraisal process of annual reviews, as well as the ongoing regular check-in meetings, to enable efficient performance management and Individual development plans.
- Engage Heads of departments with regards to learning and development programs and training opportunities for employees at all levels.
- Provide support to the office administration where necessary, such as travel coordination and facility
Education and Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field
- A professional qualification/certification in HR
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in Human Resource Generalist Role
- Knowledge of office and administrative practices
- Skill in both verbal and written communication
- Professional fluency in English is Local language is a plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Docs and have knowledge of an HR
- Country Director
Energy & Natural Resources: 4 Years
Human Resource (HR): 4 Years