Senior Procurement & Stores Officer
Oversee Procurement & Stores across the entity
- Development and review of procurement guidelines, procedures and systems.
- Develop IMS procedures and SOP,s specific to purchasing and stores control.
- Process purchase requisitions / orders timeously and within purchasing guidelines of the company
- Invite, assess, and award/recommend supplier tenders, bids, quotations, and proposals where required.
- Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions, and maintain supplier relationships resulting in economic savings and increased service levels
- Prepare and maintain purchasing records, reports and price lists.
- Monitor stores stock levels and plan for restocking as per anticipated business needs and user requirements
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements
- Assist in the development of specifications for equipment, materials, and services to be purchased
- Administer contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages and insurance
- Reconcile or resolve value discrepancies
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations, standards, and best practices
- Address staffing resource needs and supervise purchasing officers and stores clerks
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues and management
- Any other duties reasonably assigned.
- Management of stores personnel
- Fuel management and reconciliation
- Handling of importation of various items from global suppliers and ensuring speedy delivery and customs clearance
Education and Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree in procurement or stores-related disciplines
- More than 4 years of experience in procurement and stores in a manufacturing environment
- Chief Accountant
Manufacturing: 4 Years
Procurement / Purchasing: 4 Years