Senior Manager: Special Assets Management
Identify underlying problems and concerns that lead to deterioration of credit risk profile and/or caused financial distress to the accounts to alleviate further deterioration to asset quality.
You will be responsible for the management and supervision of all credits assigned to the Special Assets unit. Your strong negotiation skills will assist in modifying the terms of relationships to find the best solution for both the Bank and the customer
- Oversight of Corporate and SME loan workout.
- Define and document systems and processes for loan workout activities for approval by Executive Office.
- Receive all over Tzs 100 Million loans (or any other minimum amount as determined from time to time) that have shown weaknesses depending on the defined criteria for re-appraisal.
- Re-appraise all the received loans from business units to identify problems that have caused customer's failure to repay the loan as per agreed terms.
- Prepare a plan on the next course of action for each individual loan which shall be approved by ED and/or MD depending on the authorized limits.
- Visit customers for negotiation on the available options for turnaround or recovery for cases where turnaround options cannot work and prepare the proposal for approval.
- Monitor execution of the agreed actions with the customers and report progress on weekly basis to Loan Collection Committee.
- Ensure timely escalation of any issue that requires attention of ED and/or MD.
- Hand back the turned-around customers to corporate/SME after monitoring their progress within 12 months period.
- In consultation with Head of Legal Services, review and approve for filing all plaints and defense statements filed in court by internal and external lawyers assigned to defend the bank on all credit related cases.
- Prepare SAMU progress report for the board credit committee and attend the meeting.
- Always ensure compliance to all applicable Bank’s policies and procedures including code of ethics.
- Ensure compliance to all other directives and duties assigned by ED.
- Achieve assigned annual target on recovery amount from delinquent but not charged off accounts in SME and corporate segments.
- Achieve annual turnaround target.
Education and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a similar field, or a combination of related training and/or experience
- Possess a minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience in special assets, bank lending, credit analysis, loan documentation, and credit risk management of commercial lending.
- Possess a knowledge of legal issues and compliance requirements pertaining to collections, repossessions, foreclosures, lawsuits, bankruptcy cases, and probate
- Have a strong credit instinct, skill, and ability to find solutions in a collaborative manner
- Possess strong people skills and be able to communicate professionally to various levels of staff
- Be able to identify relevant risks and appropriate mitigating factors to those risks
- Executive Director
Banking: 8 Years
Credit Management: 8 Years