Senior Manager: Research Monitoring & Evaluation
The RM&E Senior Manager role manages and oversees all aspects of the Tanzania Country office’s RM&E and coordinates with the Global RM&E team on a full range of RM&E activities. This position reports to the Country Director and has three direct reports and is a part of the Country Management Team.
Design and Implementation of RM&E Activities (60%)
- Oversee the implementation of the Organisation’s reading and life skills evaluation data collection, ensuring data collection is conducted in accordance with the organization's protocols and best practices in the field
- Provide technical assistance on the development and adaptation of instruments and assessments to be used in support of RM&E projects in Tanzania
- Develop research proposals and designs specific to the organization's portfolio and context
- Lead the analysis and reporting of Project Implementation Monitoring data, collaborating with Country Office leadership and Program Teams to reflect on findings and incorporate lessons learned into design and implementation
- Conduct regular site visits to active program sites to ensure compliance with implementation monitoring and other data collection activities, following up with Operations and Program colleagues to remediate
- Ensure high-quality collection and reporting of global indicator data and coordinate global indicator reflection with Country Office and Global Office colleagues.
- Provide input into donor reporting with a focus on learning and evaluation
- Lead evaluation result review process with Program colleagues to identify improvements in program design and implementation
- Collaborate with Global RM&E team members (especially the GO RM&E Manager for Africa based in Nairobi) to enhance global RM&E products and guidance
Team Leadership and Capacity Building (25%)
- Ensure the Tanzania Country Office has the staff and technical capacity to implement required
- Build the capacity of RM&E staff to implement high-quality data collection and relevant analysis of implementation monitoring
- As needed, develop Terms of Reference for consultants, data collection firms, or individual data collectors and manage the execution of activities.
- In collaboration with team members, develop goals and professional development plans to advance organizational and individual goals.
Thought leadership (15%)
- Facilitate the dissemination of research/evaluation reports to Country Office staff and local stakeholders, including government officials, academia, and other local stakeholders, including government officials, academia, and other local partners.
- Stay informed about research, evaluation, and measurement methods in our program areas and translate that knowledge into improved practices for the TZCO RM&E team
- Identify partnership opportunities in Tanzania aligned with organization's Strategic Plan to increase the thought-leadership of the organization
- Represent the organization and our RM&E work and results with a variety of stakeholders (e.g., government, funders, partners) in
Education and Qualifications
- At least 10 years of experience working in research and evaluation within international development, ideally focused on education
- Prior experience implementing and overseeing large scale data collection and monitoring processes
- Prior experience implementing and overseeing large scale data collection and monitoring
- Advanced degree in social sciences or relevant field. Ideally with a focus on research, Economics or Statistics
- Strong technical competence in research, monitoring, and evaluation
- Strong quantitative analysis skills, with proven ability to work with data software packages such as Stata/ SPSS/ Qualitative analysis skills a plus.
- Strong planning, team leadership, and capacity building skills
- Prior experience working with schools, teachers, administrators, and government officials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong initiative, good leadership skills, and team player
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building
- Ability to travel
Non-profits (NGO): 10 Years
Monitoring & Evaluation: 10 Years