Senior Manager, HR Business Partner
The incumbent will serve specific organisation divisions and/or departments as the HR interface in delivering the Business Strategy through managing the HR relationship with the business and providing full range HR operational and strategic support. This will be achieved by creating and implementing HR Plans that support optimal business performance in all areas of Human Resource in line with HR policy standards and industry best practice. Provide functional leadership to the administrative support officers of the team
Financial - 30%
- Structure and implement productive manpower plans at the lowest cost, thus attaining a desired profit per head ratio against the defined strategy roadmap.
- Manage the success of Human Resources financial strategies of the assigned divisions and/or departments by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analysing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Monitor the approved staff costs and head count budget of the assigned divisions and/or departments to ensure it remains within the approved limit.
- Introduce new business/ accounts to the bank evidenced and coded under your DAO code
Customer - 30%
Work jointly with stakeholders and team to ensure the implementation of people strategies within the assigned divisions and/or departments more so:
- Accountable for the effectiveness of the Human Resources Business Partnership model in supporting the assigned divisions and departments strategically.
- Effective implementation of the hiring systems (policies, processes and tools) in attracting and selecting people with competitive attributes and skills.
- Realisation of performance (result-oriented) culture, evidently driven by suitable performance management practices and leadership development programmes.
- Ensure that the Compensation, Benefits and HR Analytics outcomes are relevant in supporting total reward within the assigned divisions and/or departments, that enhances talent engagement and productivity.
- Enhance the divisions and/or department’s competencies and capabilities through development and implementation of learning and development strategies and systems that are effective in enhancing productivity, mitigating impact of high staff turnover driven by labour market environment.
- Ensure the provision of the highest quality of human resources shared services.
- Look after employee engagement and the creation of quality of leadership experienced which translates into innovation, conducive work environment
Internal business processes - 20%
- Collectively drive the HR Division’s adherence to approved policies and procedures and provide feedback on the same so as to keep them competitive.
- Be an advocate for a continually improving way of working within the team to drive efficient and impactful engagement and accurate delivery of service.
- Proactively participate in organisation projects.
Learning and growth - 20%
- Maintain own high performance and work closely with the team leader in the functional management of the HR Business Support Officer.
- Own up-to-date and actioned competency assessments and development plans.
- Nil disruption to business / loss of business due to lack of own succession and back-fill.
- Maintain the desired Leadership - 360-degree feedback score.
Internal : All organisation’s departments
External : Customers, Suppliers, Financial Institutions, Industry Players, National and County Governments, Regulators, Etc.
Education and Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized accredited university.
- At least 10 years’ experience in HR, 5 of which should have been in a management capacity in a similar sized organisation.
- Proven track record of consistently supporting the achievement of an organisation’s people strategy, with a market reputation of being a trusted advisor on matters pertaining to HR.
- In-depth knowledge of the local banking industry, banking products, banking services and banking regulations.
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of all labour regulations and practices.
- All rounded HR practitioner who engages with stakeholders at the highest levels across the organisation.
- Continuously gathers evidence to determine the value the organisation is delivering today, and needs to deliver in the future, and puts in place and drives the necessary strategies and frameworks maintain and grow positive engagement.
- Contributes to policy development for the HR field within country / region.
Banking and Commercial Acumen
- Seasoned commercial thinker, proficient with depth of experience in areas of business and banking.
- Ability to adapt to and work in different functions.
- Is a change catalyst, can initiate and implement change to enhance teams and organisations delivery.
- Creates an environment that benefits everyone in it and lifts the entire organization.
- Has the political intelligence to navigate a way through diverse stakeholders’ agendas and the resilience to sustain high performance under continued pressure and adversity
- Knows own strengths and limits; aware of own emotions and the effect they have on others and has the self-control to keep disruptive emotions and impulses in check.
Social and Cross-cultural Awareness
- Interacts with people (colleagues, customers, stakeholders and the public at large) in different social and cultural environments, showing respect and positive regard for them in an ethical and appropriate that are consistently with the values of the organization
- Able to change plans, methods, opinions or goals in light of new information, with the readiness to act on opportunities.
Banking: 5 Years
Human Resource (HR): 10 Years