Senior Manager: Corporate Banking
Ensure growth of business from Corporate Segment both Quality Assets and Liabilities and income in line with the Bank strategy.
- Develop business strategy for Corporate Banking and contribute to the overall business strategy of the Commercial Department and ensure the strategy is effectively implemented in line with overall objectives and goals that support the overall Bank business strategy.
- Identify and negotiate business opportunities with corporate clients in order to grow the business in line with business targets of the Commercial Department.
- Manage and enhance existing business relationships to ensure the retention of good customers in line with business needs.
- Analyze and review all credit appraisals to ensure credit is granted in line with the credit policy and procedures.
- Ensure portfolio management function is effectively implemented to enhance portfolio quality in line with regulatory standards.
- Conduct regular review of the corporate loan portfolio and recommend/implement appropriate interventions to ensure it performs in line with approved performance indicators and targets.
- Review and contribute to the enhancement of the credit policy and procedures for the Bank to ensure that this is aligned with current business and statutory requirements.
- Mobilize deposits from the corporate segment so as to create stable and affordable liquidity to the Bank.
- Grow NFIs and Interest Income to enhance profitability and efficiency of the Bank
- Liaise with partners/ stakeholders and Government institutions to enhance market share and Banks interests are properly represented and safeguarded.
- Review, develop, monitor and control the budget for the unit and monitor the budget of the department to ensure budgets are aligned with the business plan and expenses are controlled within agreed limits.
- Manage the performance of subordinate staff and develop and implement training and development plans to ensure their performance is aligned with business goals and objectives.
- Any other business duties assigned by supervisor.
Education and Qualifications
- Must possess at least bachelor degree in commerce/business or other related field from any recognized University.
- Professional certifications related to banking business will be the added advantage to the position.
- A minimum of 8 years in banking business
- At least 3 years in a managerial position.
- Sound understanding and experience of at least 5 years in managing corporate business
- Thorough understanding of Bank and branch operations
- Strong financial analytical skills
- Thorough knowledge of branch operations
- Knowledge of branch performance indicators e.g Profitability, Assets, Liabilities, etc
- Knowledge of Bank risks and their mitigation
- Knowledge of BoT prudential guidelines
- Knowledge of AML and KYC policy guidelines
- Teamwork spirit
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Business Acumen
- Result Orientation
Head of Commercial
Corporate Banking: 8 Years