To identify, qualify and realize sales opportunities by providing solutions towards our customers including sales in complex project environments.
To achieve and/or exceed individual sales budget.
To build and retain an excellent relationship with Project Managers, Engineers, Architects, and government agencies.
To ensure professional and business ethics when dealing with customers
Promote, develop and increase sales of company's products and company's services
Maintaining and increasing business relationships with existing and prospective customers. Do this according to the designated customers and areas.
Ensure that the sales process is applied and that the customers are served with solutions:
- Prospect and qualify opportunities well in advance (including cross-selling opportunities), sound product know-ledge and ability to quickly assemble information is
- Understand the customers’
- Ensure that sales opportunities pipeline is updated and filled. Maximize sales efficiency and employment of resources by effective sales
- Map and cover the entire buying centre in complex project environments (architects, engineers, owners, contractors, project owners, government departments, )
- Ensure systematic follow-up and realization of Close sales.
- Manage objections actively and ensure that brand reputation is
- Retain customers and provide key account management
To meet and exceed the Sales Budgets / Targets. Monitor Business environment and Market Trends
Monitoring the business environment and market trends.
Ensure information on all present and future major projects in Tanzania, map stakeholders (contractors, owners, specifiers).
Reporting trends to the Line Manager.
Target Market responsibility
Responsible for the development of one or several Target Markets (e.g. Refurbishment, Industry):
- Define product portfolio and product positioning together with line management
- To write and submit specifications for solutions where required (in collaboration with Area support functions).
- Ensure product documentation/marketing material, coordinate product launches together with Marketing, develop marketing plan together with Line and Marketing Manager
- Provide technical assistance/training for assigned product range towards stakeholders including customers and fellow colleagues
- Performance being measured of assigned Target Markets
Systematic and complete documentation and follow-up of activities, opportunities, projects, and stakeholders. Ensure on-time delivery of reports for Line Managers and other Corporate functions.
Anticipate customer demands, forecast sales.
Organizing of seminars and launches
To plan and conduct product and application systems seminars for customers.
Manage Key Accounts and expenses
- To assist the Financial Controller with the collection of all money owed to the company
- Keeping the Financial Controller informed of any development that may affect the ability of a Debtor to fulfill his obligations to the company.
- Control of debtor’s account.
- Control of expenses related to sales.
Undertakes such additional duties which may from time to time be assigned to the Employee in the discharge of his / her duties.
To ensure that a correct and proper image of the Company is maintained at all times.
Education and Qualifications
- NQF 4 Qualification
- Technical university degree (civil engineering, architecture, quantity surveyor)
- Affinity/interest for specifying and providing complex solutions within the construction industry
- Computer skills
- Customer service experience
- Regular and on-time attendance
- Will be required to work overtime
- Overseas travel may be required.
- 3-5 years working experience in the construction sector (designer, engineer, sales, procurement)
- Closer mentality, willingness to go the extra mile
- Ability to work in an internal and international team environment
- Ability to take the lead and to coordinate different departments in order to reply to customers needs in due time
- High organizational skills and a very disciplined
- Very good communication skills
- Accuracy in numerical abilities
- Chinese proficiency or experience dealing with Chinese companies is considered an asset.
Business Development Manager – Direct Construction
Chemical Manufacturing: 3 Years
Sales: 5 Years